Home

2K Dropped The Ball With This Year's MyPark and Pro-AM

This is a discussion on 2K Dropped The Ball With This Year's MyPark and Pro-AM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #9
Rookie

Soze Mucky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Dropped The Ball With This Year's MyPark and Pro-AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusDids29
The game is not officially released until 9/20.... so slow down turbo... smh
is this true? is this why the game is missing everything?
Old 09-17-2016, 07:32 PM   #10
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
There's no excuse - but it's also very common for Any new released game to have problems that the company wasn't expecting.
MyPark After Dark being unplayable isn't unexpected, though... they knew it wasn't done yet, which is probably why they're not releasing any kind of trailer about it.

It seems the only thing they learned from last year is to not release a trailer for it like they did with Pro-Am (tons of people were pissed that Pro-Am was broken upon release).
Old 09-17-2016, 07:36 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
MyPark After Dark being unplayable isn't unexpected, though... they knew it wasn't done yet, which is probably why they're not releasing any kind of trailer about it.

It seems the only thing they learned from last year is to not release a trailer for it like they did with Pro-Am (tons of people were pissed that Pro-Am was broken upon release).
Point is technology can be unpredictable. Maybe they thought it would work and it just didn't.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 07:42 PM   #12
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Point is technology can be unpredictable. Maybe they thought it would work and it just didn't.

We'll never know, but I'm gonna go ahead say they knew and just didn't care... it's a pattern with them. They'll finish the game in a few months.

I can only blame us (the fans) cuz we buy it anyway... but someone really should start a petition to let 2k18 be a $20 DLC, so they can spend more time making a finished game in 2k19.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #13
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

This is why I'm super hesitant to march on 2K lIke some horrible horror movie villager trope just yet. The fact that Park after Dark isn't available yet, and the fact that Ronnie put out a twitter statement saying the park trailer wasn't ready because it's not finished yet and they don't want to release a half finished product (I.E. pro am last year).

Now...we go a long time without this, and I'll pull that torch out real quick.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
We'll never know, but I'm gonna go ahead say they knew and just didn't care... it's a pattern with them. They'll finish the game in a few months.

I can only blame us (the fans) cuz we buy it anyway... but someone really should start a petition to let 2k18 be a $20 DLC, so they can spend more time making a finished game in 2k19.
I'm enjoying it so far more than any 2k so far in next gen - so I disagree. But feel free to do it. I think it's an exaggeration but we all experience different things. So something probably made you come to that conclusion. And I get it. I just think it's way too early to be making conclusions. Especially when 2k is hardly the only company who has technical problems. But hey we'll see. If I wasn't enjoying it maybe I would feel the same.

Last edited by Leasim96; 09-17-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #15
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

My idea for bi-annual release (with a DLC in between) is a pipe dream, but it'd fix most of the issues with these rushed releases... the only other thing they could do would be to offer an Open Beta test.

Most major releases these days do an Open Beta to test out their online play. I think it's good marketing PR too because I bought Battlefront due to enjoying the beta and will buy Battlefield for the same reason... Hell, I almost bought NBA Live 16 after playing their demo/beta test.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 08:41 PM   #16
Rookie

Rain816's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
The fact that they havent even release the trailer that was promised on the past Wed/Thurs should tell you release date has nothing to do with it.....

They NEVER not once PROMISED a trailer by Wednesday or Thursday. Ronnie said about 10 days ago that he would release it last. Then on Tuesday he said it is not ready and probably wont be until after launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »