Home

No "Default/Casual/Simulation" option for MyCareer

This is a discussion on No "Default/Casual/Simulation" option for MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #1
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

OVR: 0
No "Default/Casual/Simulation" option for MyCareer

With sliders and difficulty now tied together the MyCareer mode has even less options for game sliders

With the "Simulation" option now gone from MyCareer (and 2k in general) I am forced to choose between the game being a challenge but the CPU being able to go arcade mode on me and my CPU team mates.

or

The game playing more sim-like but the CPU not being able to stop me on defense.

I understand that they can't completely let us customise the sliders in MyCareer but I feel we should be able to customise them within the limits of the difficulties

Example..
"Inside shot success"
At Rookie difficulty it's at 30 for the CPU...At Hall of Fame it's 54.
So I feel the User should be able to adjust that slider in MyCareer anywhere between 30-54 because no one using the presets can make it any easier or harder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
Banned

Re: No "Default/Casual/Simulation" option for MyCareer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
With sliders and difficulty now tied together the MyCareer mode has even less options for game sliders

With the "Simulation" option now gone from MyCareer (and 2k in general) I am forced to choose between the game being a challenge but the CPU being able to go arcade mode on me and my CPU team mates.

or

The game playing more sim-like but the CPU not being able to stop me on defense.

I understand that they can't completely let us customise the sliders in MyCareer but I feel we should be able to customise them within the limits of the difficulties

Example..
"Inside shot success"
At Rookie difficulty it's at 30 for the CPU...At Hall of Fame it's 54.
So I feel the User should be able to adjust that slider in MyCareer anywhere between 30-54 because no one using the presets can make it any easier or harder.
Eh? If you're playing HoF and lower the difficulty to 30, then you're just farming VC, surely? What's the point of playing HoF if you just want to lower the sliders anyway? Mike said that this year SS and HoF are practically the same, it's only the ACE system that is tweaked.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Eh? If you're playing HoF and lower the difficulty to 30, then you're just farming VC, surely? What's the point of playing HoF if you just want to lower the sliders anyway? Mike said that this year SS and HoF are practically the same, it's only the ACE system that is tweaked.
It wouldn't be farming because if you customise the silders in '17 you're also customising the difficulty, so your difficulty setting would be "custom" if you change anything, not HoF, check it out in the main setting you can create your own difficulty and select it in-game as "custom" but it isn't available to select in MyCareer because people would abuse it.

I'm basically saying in MyCareer we should also be able to create out own difficulty but within the limits of the other 5 difficulties, the user might not like how easily the CPU hits shot on HoF but on the other end they might like how much of a challenge it is to score, be great for that person if they could just turn down the rate of which the CPU is making shots but keep the good defense, wouldn't it?

Difficulty and gameplay sliders were never tied together before, when upping the difficulty in the past the CPU's players would receive a rating boost but now on top of a rating boost they get juiced up sliders.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

The sliders aren't available in My Career mode. Only difficulty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »