Home

Is NBA2K becoming EA NBA LIVE or worst?

This is a discussion on Is NBA2K becoming EA NBA LIVE or worst? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 04:48 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is NBA2K becoming EA NBA LIVE or worst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Yea I get you in terms of marketing - I thought they were a bit late but I mostly care about how fun the actual game is - the stuff before is cool but that's what really matters. In some aspects we could call them lazy to some extent - but even then we're assuming - we can't really know the precise reason as to why they don't do some things. Maybe budget etc. Not really a standard - I obviously want a good product - I just personally accept that companies have their limitations in game development in a yearly cycle. And that it's not easy to make certain improvements. I just choose to be more open minded - since they're humans too and technology can be unpredictable when it comes to problems at launch etc. I personally wouldn't call it different standards but I get what you mean. I guess in terms of standards I have a more "from a humane professional view" - not a "this certain thing sucks - 2k is terrible". I guess I choose to put myself in their place and picture why things might happen the way they do. But regardless at the end of the day it's all about the game - and so far even this early I'm having more fun than I did in certain previous 2ks for an entire year.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
I agree with what you are saying the product (gameplay) is great! As i said in my post the gameplay is very good this year.but everything else fall short, from marketing to the art team with the anorexic body type.
Look at how many people been asking for gameplay on twitter last month and how ronnie and the art team responded.
Look at how many time we asked 2k to give players descent proportion arms and legs, and this is what we get..the skinny crackhead body?
Just simple things, thats why i said that Mike, scott and the gameplay devs are the only ones passionate, im sure there are others too but those 2 department disappointed me for so long.
I can guarantee you that those skinny body type wont be fixed until 2k18 or even 19. They have the resources, they sold millions every year they just cutting corners like every greedy company in the world.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:34 AM   #10
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree with the marketing but I also believe it's a clever way of selling copies of the game. With the pre-order of playing it 4 days early, people will jump at the chance (Could be a small number but they still will) and pre-order the game.
NFL: Cleveland Browns
Old 09-18-2016, 06:21 AM   #11
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kbuddha
Before i begin i just want to say kudos to Mike, scott and the gameplay devs.
I could see that the gameplay has improved so much from my short time playing the prelude. You guys are truly passionate.

But everything else fall short and uninspiring. Do the other department (Art team, marketing team) think we are stupid or have they lost their passion for the game.

1.This year marketing was a disaster, very disrespectful. ronnie
2. Only 2 body types this year, bulky and the anorexic body one..still dont understand how it ended up in the game when they clearly knew those were made for the highschool players model from 2k16.
3.Same cap system as last year, no new faces still look like aborigen (sorry lol) and still no complete body customization in 2016!
Poor textures overall, jerseys and players skins look worst this year compare to 2k16.
Face scan still buggy and hasnt improved much.
etc...

Are we witnessing the beginning of "the fall of a giant" similar to EA and the nba live serie?
I am 34 been playing 2k since the first one and was a live fan since 1995, but this year for the first time after having preorder nba2k17 from the psn store i felt like 2k did not deserve my money because of the way marketing treated their customers, hid gameplay and waited at the last minute to share important info so i decided to cancel and wait for nba2k18 and see if anything changes.

Why do we have to wait for ghetto footage every year? why can 2k be professional and kind toward their customers and share gameplay?Most companies share gameplay months before release, alpha and beta so they can get feedbacks and tweak, but 2k are arrogant they dont share or have a relationship with their customers thats why they always end up with a buggy product that cant be fixe.

I believe im old enough to know the difference between a douche bag and an humble and kind soul. 2K right now seems to have become the douchy one. The only souls left at 2k are Mike wang, scott og and the gameplay dev team. What do you guys think? Do you want change?
This discussion is for those who are mature and want to discuss how they feel about the way 2k have become lately..

While NBA 2K17 is their best game to date, I do agree with what you're saying. 2K feels different. It started with the JAY-Z curated music in nba 2k13 and just gets more mainstream and cheesy every year. Ronnie2k is the embodiment of that. It's lost that underground rooted sports franchise feel. Imagine what the game would be like without "myplayer" or "myteam." Two game modes built for online transactions. Imagine all that effort and work was instead put into things that matter like graphics or refinement. It's a scary thought. I just want a game that duplicates the NBA as close as possible. No need for any flashy distractions for me.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:35 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
While NBA 2K17 is their best game to date, I do agree with what you're saying. 2K feels different. It started with the JAY-Z curated music in nba 2k13 and just gets more mainstream and cheesy every year. Ronnie2k is the embodiment of that. It's lost that underground rooted sports franchise feel. Imagine what the game would be like without "myplayer" or "myteam." Two game modes built for online transactions. Imagine all that effort and work was instead put into things that matter like graphics or refinement. It's a scary thought. I just want a game that duplicates the NBA as close as possible. No need for any flashy distractions for me.
Couldn't have said it any better. Ronnie has a very punchable face.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:19 AM   #13
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Bravo!
Old 09-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #14
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Is NBA2K becoming EA NBA LIVE or worst?

Quote:

In MY opinion. The modes are far from the issue.. They generated the money to make the franchise do bigger and better things and if they weren't in the game I am pretty sure it wouldn't be what it is now. Actually it would just be exactly what madden is. Roster updates

If the art team isn't correctly doing their job that doesn't involve anything else but the art team lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by KoolAidNoSugar; 09-18-2016 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:41 AM   #15
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Is there a way to do more than "like" this comment? Honestly, at this point I wish that MyTeam/The Park was a completely different game. I want the MyCareer (and MyLeague for that matter) experience without the need to spend money on VC. I remember MyCareer being something that I could earn. Now, it's setup to be so unrealistic that it forces us to spend money (2K17 featuring us as the top HS'er in the country and starting off at a 55 OVR?!?). Also, they've made the upgrades so insanely expensive that it would take at months (game play time) to upgrade a player fully and even then you are limited to what they consider your "MyPlayer", more like their player at this point. To get back on topic though, a world without micro-transactions and MyTeam would allow us to have an AMAZING game. Too bad, too many people pay insane amounts of money earn in, and year out on VC.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional
In MY opinion. The modes are far from the issue.. They generated the money to make the franchise do bigger and better things and if they weren't in the game I am pretty sure it wouldn't be what it is now. Actually it would just be exactly what madden is. Roster updates

If the art team isn't correctly doing their job that doesn't involve anything else but the art team lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we have different standards, mine are pretty high but attainable. The money these modes generates is only used by those ceo for their lavish lifestyle and expenses, not for improving the game. look how everything except gameplay got worst. Servers still an issue after how many years, players likeness is a thing of the past, facescan barely works, audio still weak and so on..you are delusional.
It is only the passion of the gameplay devs that keeps me coming back to 2k. Once they are gone it will be just another soulless basketball game nothing else.

And i want to inphasize that i have been supporting this company for 16 years no hating to hate.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »