Home

Online: Perfect solution for making online skill based not cheese based

This is a discussion on Online: Perfect solution for making online skill based not cheese based within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 05:02 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Online: Perfect solution for making online skill based not cheese based

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik

Let me tell you something, I don't want gamers to be the best at this game, I want people who know basketball to be the best - that's when you know that you've got a good basketball simulation.
Amen brother
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 01:14 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24 7
You can't counter-argue with someone who clearly doesn't comprehend what other people are trying to say. You completely missed the point of his comment all while making childish and snarky comments in reply. You want a mature discussion then act like it. Else, you'll be talked to like the child you're acting like.
Mature discussion...?
I've been discussing laws of motor development and sensory input perception that no one has been able to counter. If you all want to be treated like you know anything about the basics of human movement I suggest you bring some science to your argument, if not I'll treat you like the uneducated person you all are exposing yourselves to be in this thread...
Old 09-20-2016, 01:21 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Boss. Skill isn't a one to one correlation between motor skills and success here.

Skill is a combination being able to do something and knowing when to do it. So, your motor skills helping you time a jumper with 5 guts in your face to hit it isn't "Skill". It's being bailed out. A "Skilled" player wouldn't shoot on the whole team.

LeBron is skilled, but it's not because of his freakish athleticism. It's his court vision and IQ that makes him skilled. If he had all the tools and didn't know how to use them he'd be Javale McGee at small forward.

It's not just having the motor skills, it's using IQ on how to apply them.
None of you all have any basic understanding of motor control or motor skills which is why trying to debate with you all is like tying to explain to a kid that santa isn't real...

A paralyzed person can have great court vision, but if you don't have neuromuscular control than there is no point. Lebron having court vision means nothing without reaction time, neural drive, motor unit recruitment,etc which is where motor SKILL comes into play which is what is being discussed when I say shooting with the pro stick requires more skill.

You all are doing a great job deflecting the scientific explanations I've presented, getting emotional because I say it takes less skill yet you guys can't bring any scientific evidence to dispute what I'm saying. Nothing worse than unreasonable people who bring emotion to the table and no logic
Old 09-20-2016, 01:29 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
OP, you're more confused than before, but this time it's not OK because you're convinced that you're not.

"Foundational motor learning... " Blah blah blah no one cares. Your "science" is irrelevant to the discussion. Using a shot stick is no better of a gauge of basketball skill than pressing a button is, but you don't care about that kind of skill, the kind of skill you're talking about is the same kind of skill that will get you to a million prestige on COD.

Let me tell you something, I don't want gamers to be the best at this game, I want people who know basketball to be the best - that's when you know that you've got a good basketball simulation. I'm sure that most sim gamers share this sentiment.
Exhibit A of unreasonable person...
The same principles of human movement that you are trying to dismiss are the same ones that are even allowing your fingers to type a response back to me on your PC. So because you are grossly uneducated about the laws of human movement we are going to dismiss their existence? Does doing that help your self esteem because it sure doesn't help carrying on an educated conversation
Old 09-20-2016, 01:37 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That's what I thought too. Although there are definitely online cheesers I also know when people who know a lot about a sport lose a lot the tendency is to yell cheese...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've only played 8 games on Play now online but so far I'm 8-0, nothing to brag about yet but considering I haven't lost depsite green release spammers that surely can't be the reason
A tendency I have noticed is that people who have no logic or reason to argue with try and change topics in order to deflect from their intellectual ineptitude

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »