Home

Old 09-21-2016, 01:01 AM   #1
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Freelance

Anyone else noticed the classic teams don't run their real freelance offense? Most everyone I've tested jus run 3out 2 in or 4-1. Now they will run the plays in the playbook. So u might say I've seen the Bulls run tri. That's bc there are tri plays in their book. But as far as freelance they run the 3 out 2 in U can test it by playing with the classic MJ Bulls and turning on play notification. The 86 celts don't even run their freelance they also run 3 out. Magics Lakers run 4 out also. Wanna see something strange try Worthy always on the perimeter. Hopefully this will be fixed soon so we can truly start a classic my gm or my league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 04:01 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Freelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Anyone else noticed the classic teams don't run their real freelance offense? Most everyone I've tested jus run 3out 2 in or 4-1. Now they will run the plays in the playbook. So u might say I've seen the Bulls run tri. That's bc there are tri plays in their book. But as far as freelance they run the 3 out 2 in U can test it by playing with the classic MJ Bulls and turning on play notification. The 86 celts don't even run their freelance they also run 3 out. Magics Lakers run 4 out also. Wanna see something strange try Worthy always on the perimeter. Hopefully this will be fixed soon so we can truly start a classic my gm or my league.
yes indeed. i brought this up last year, and i recognized it again this year. btw this is the case for all teams (or it was in 2k16, at least), and not just the classics. it's pretty painful watching the eighties pistons running a 4out-1in, or jordan's bulls not utilizing the triangle isn't it? i commented on this on czar's 2k17 transition video on youtube, but haven't heard from him.

i imagine it would be an easy fix in a patch and would make a lot of people that play against the cpu happy. please fix this 2k!

since this didn't get attention last year, i'm going to annoyingly keep posting about it this year until we get a response because it's a very simple and fundamental request and would top off an already incredible game.

Last edited by psydefx; 09-21-2016 at 04:26 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Yeah I've also tweeted about it to him but for some reason no one is responding. I wish the classics would get the respect they deserve. I saw a 86 celts motion was added as a freelance so I played with Birds Celtics and was shocked when I saw 3 out 2 in on play notification. Very disappointing indeed
Old 09-22-2016, 03:26 AM   #4
Banned

it is actually only the classics teams that are flawed - the modern teams were fixed this year. wow... that's depressing. 2k, will you fix this in a patch please?
Old 09-22-2016, 04:47 AM   #5
Pro

JoFri's Arena

sorry, which gamemode were u playing in 2k16? in myleague, you can assign the classic players to a today's nba team and set the team playbook accordingly in coach settings. then the freelance will default based on the team playbook u choose. I've been playing triangle freelance in today's nba using classic bulls in 2k16 myleague.

i can't comment on 2k17 as i have yet to play the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 06:37 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
sorry, which gamemode were u playing in 2k16? in myleague, you can assign the classic players to a today's nba team and set the team playbook accordingly in coach settings. then the freelance will default based on the team playbook u choose. I've been playing triangle freelance in today's nba using classic bulls in 2k16 myleague.

i can't comment on 2k17 as i have yet to play the game

not sure what you're saying here - respectfully, maybe you're not understanding.

in any mode, classic teams like the 93 bulls for example have their 93 bulls playbook assigned (by default of course), but in a game, their default freelance style is a 3out2in (not the triangle freelance). this isn't a problem for a user side team because we can just change it, but it sucks playing against a cpu team that doesn't run their unique freelance.

sirjam (or a mod), maybe you could change the title of this thread to "classic teams not running their correct freelance style" or something to that effect. something that will catch attention, hopefully a dev. this is a simple fix i can imagine and has been a problem since last year's installment. if you can't change it, i'll create a new thread tonight or tomorrow with some screenies that will hopefully attract more attention.

surely there a more peeps who play with classic teams vs. the cpu... hello?

edit: oh, i see what you're saying. i just assigned the 96 bulls the knick's playbook and now they're defaulting to the triangle freelance offense. so those two are tied together. so a simple fix would be to give classics teams a different playbook depending on their freelance style and switch up the plays in that playbook as well. pretty tedious. also, there are no modern teams that run a eighties freelance so the eighties teams are still shafted.

Last edited by psydefx; 09-22-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:59 PM   #7
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
not sure what you're saying here - respectfully, maybe you're not understanding.

in any mode, classic teams like the 93 bulls for example have their 93 bulls playbook assigned (by default of course), but in a game, their default freelance style is a 3out2in (not the triangle freelance). this isn't a problem for a user side team because we can just change it, but it sucks playing against a cpu team that doesn't run their unique freelance.

sirjam (or a mod), maybe you could change the title of this thread to "classic teams not running their correct freelance style" or something to that effect. something that will catch attention, hopefully a dev. this is a simple fix i can imagine and has been a problem since last year's installment. if you can't change it, i'll create a new thread tonight or tomorrow with some screenies that will hopefully attract more attention.

I named it without the classic name in order to hopefully get more people to see it bc it is a problem. If I named it classic teams freelance or something I figured those who don't play classics would jus ignore it including devs or Dev connects.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #8
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx

edit: oh, i see what you're saying. i just assigned the 96 bulls the knick's playbook and now they're defaulting to the triangle freelance offense. so those two are tied together. so a simple fix would be to give classics teams a different playbook depending on their freelance style and switch up the plays in that playbook as well. pretty tedious. also, there are no modern teams that run a eighties freelance so the eighties teams are still shafted.

thanks for clarify! no prob at all

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »