Home

**Official NBA 2k18 Wish List Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official NBA 2k18 Wish List Thread** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 Wish List

Balanced MyCareer/Park archetypes please ! Sharpshooters amd stretch bigs are majorly OPd against other types from basic skill distribution aspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2016, 06:02 AM   #66
Rookie

Here is a list NBA 2k18 Wishlist
Old 11-26-2016, 02:45 PM   #67
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

PNO Mode
  • Bring back VIP stats from NBA 2K11 (see video @ 3:30)
  • Give us a real Leaderboard (see video).
  • Allow us to save our roster lineups and playbooks.
  • Allow us to exclude one team from matchmaking.
  • Tweak the UI for On-The-Fly changes. I like it, but it could be a little bit cleaner.
  • Dare I say? An automated process for roster updates ala NBA Live's Synergy.
  • Make online more challenging by removing some of the HUD icons. Playart should still remain in the game.
  • Unranked lobbies.
  • I would like to see more of the Offline Play Now splash screens in PNO.
  • Give users a choice on how they want to shoot with the shot stick. Although aiming was a good idea in theory, I would prefer to go back to using the shot stick and not worry about aiming.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 11-26-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:36 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 1

1. Another feature that should be in 2k18 is scores from around the league/country while playing a season/mygm/mycareer game. Say if I am the Lakers, and I want to know an update of the GSW/Orlando game; I should be able to SEE that on the 2Ksports scrolling marquee at the bottom of the screen. This is something that has NOT been in any of your games that is certainly something that NEEDS to be in the game. This also means that you would have to give each game its correct STARTING TIME instead of just having the DAY of the game.

2. Allow the Mascots to have fun IN the seats of the arena. Mascots do more than sit around the perimeter of the court; they run into the stands, mess with fans, and are part of the whole basketball experience. Please give them more duties.

3. Pre-Catch Post Defense: Here is something that is really in need of getting upgraded. We need to have the OPTION (in defensive matchups) to set how we would want to play a player in the post. Someone like Dwight Howard I would want to FRONT them BEFORE they catch the ball so they won’t catch the ball close to the basket for an easy score. The options should be
Front (defender has back to offensive player BEFORE the catch; remember though AFTER the catch is made the opp)
Play Behind (defender has chest to BACK of offensive player BEFORE the catch)
¾ Force to Baseline (defender is denying the post player the ball; “baiting” the offensive player to make a move to baseline IF and WHEN he does catch the ball)
¾ Force to Middle (defender is denying the post player the ball; “baiting” the offensive player to make a move to the middle IF and WHEN he does catch

4. Shadow players and knowing who not to guard
Tony Allen: the opposing SG will simply refuse to guard Allen on the defensive end. He cannot shoot, finish or get open off the ball for a drive that would likely end in a missed FG attempt, no matter from where on the court. The opposing player doesn't double-team Zach Randolph, but shadows him, as in completely ignoring Allen and moving to whichever side of the court Randolph is on, whether or not it's the same side as Allen. This is likely a more difficult concept to pull off in a video game, but would still be nice and make games more difficult

5. All the players in the game seem to run off screens at the same speed, some players in real life run off screens with a sense of urgency while others don't. So there needs to be an off-ball speed rating for how fast players run off screens. There's a difference between how steph curry runs off screens compared to how jj reddick runs off screens

6. I think flagrant fouls need to be much more responsive, it's impossible to intentionally foul on the fast break when you're trailing in NBA 2K17 which is a very normal situation in real life and leads to a lot of flagrant fouls or clear path fouls

7. After saving replay give me the ability to enable commentary which occurred in that specific play when I watch that replay. Some people want to create mixes with commentary enabled so give them that option
Old 11-26-2016, 08:02 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 1

1. When going for rebounds players should yell like they are fighting hard to get the rebound (The Little Things)

2. Saving ball from going out of bounds, they had it in 2k2 i believe, I remember always saving balls with antoine walker. Press a to pass to a teammate, press b to try throwing it off the other team, back to call a timeout.

3. During loading screen pre-game turn it into a shootaround session where we can choose one of our starters and shoot 3 shots and if we hit the most of them we can start off the game with a slight ratings boost to that players shooting rating. All this will take place while the game is loading just like the competition did it in 2009/2010

4. Tuner Share where people can share their personalized sliders online. It would be cool to download SimWorlds slider set without having to manually do it

5. Fade out in game scene shots on guaranteed game winning shots just like the replays but this is live in game. The camera angle will pan out as soon as you hit the game winning shot with a perfect green release, giving you that wide-angle floor shot once you hit the perfect green release, maybe add a little slow motion effect to this idea aswell. Have the camera zoom in a little on that wide-angle floor shot to get the smooth release point and the ball leaving the players hand too. Another idea is zoom in game scene shots when a play results from a guaranteed layup/dunk from a fastbreak. The camera will zoom in on the moment, I don't suggest adding slow motion effect to this because it could be a little cheesy

6. The game should have an intentional miss from the FT line. An intentional miss in real life is trying to miss a certain way in order to grab the rebound in a close-game situation. I think it would be really useful if done right and in a way not easily abused

7. To make the presentation even more better while the game you're playing is at halftime show a live look of the other games that the CPU are currently playing

8. flagrant fouls (should be a button for hard fouls for when a player is driving in for a layup/dunk i.e. Turbo and X).
Edit: NBA won't allow it but still a cool idea
Old 11-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #70
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

After playing 2K14 almost exclusively for the past few days I want the old dribbling back. At least make it optional. Having the dribbles broken up visually hurt the uniqueness of guard play.

I don't know if it's the animations, court size or what but its still entirely too random pulling up from midrange. So either separate the shoot/layup button or make it so that if we're not holding turbo we simply pull up for a jumper (unless we're like 2 ft from the hoop). If we're holding turbo then the game sees that as us taking it hard to the cup.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:12 AM   #71
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

Don't search my friend, court size!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 04:39 AM   #72
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

In reality the logo is above the first mark.
And it is the same for 2k but the logo is under the third mark.

Now, on this photo, we can see that the logo is above the Robinson's left foot so above the black mark. So the logo is above the mark contrary to 2k.

If someone could translate me better please thanks.
There is the same with the right nostril of the bull.

Last edited by Jordanmike6; 11-28-2016 at 04:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »