Home

DeAndre Jordan pulled a "Dirk" on me in an online match....

This is a discussion on DeAndre Jordan pulled a "Dirk" on me in an online match.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: DeAndre Jordan pulled a "Dirk" on me in an online match....

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
release timing > any rating when it comes to 2k, always has been always will be.

IE, me playing like curry with brandon bass in 2k15
It wasn't always like this, I know I constantly bring up 2k8 but that was the golden year for sim ball. On 2k8 I could sag off on guys like Rondo and they would constantly brick shots at the perimeter. Ratings and what your players were actually capable of was more important than anything. Allowing me to implement a realistic defense and realistic strategy. The game drastically changed when they introduced MyPark, at that point a more casual community took over that 2k had to cater to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 03:59 PM   #26
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
This is about about the 4th or 5th thread I've seen you damage control problems for this game.
It's not damage control when the complaints are about random acts of basketball that can occur in real life.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:41 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24 7
Fisher can actually shoot. Realism > random arcade events imo.

Ofcourse i know Fisher can shoot what i mean is his 0.4 game winning shot which is against physical maths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 08:00 AM   #28
Pro

Tyson Chandler shot a 3 against me. So? They're professional basketball players, they can shoot ...
Old 09-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #29
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

DeAndre Jordan hitting 1 fade and a couple of jumpers means you need to guard him like he is a player in the highest level of the sport. We don't have to guard bad shooters tight if we want to take the chance that they'll hit 1 out of the 20 they would have to take. A bad rating only means they are going to shoot a bad percentage not automatically miss every shot.

Most of us would have a worst rating than DJ irl but you wouldn't expect to miss every shot you take ever!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #30
Rookie

dabeavs541's Arena

OVR: 5

It wouldn't bother me is DJ hit a couple fade aways. It's not like it's live 95 where you can hit fading 3s with anybody as long as you shoot at the 45 degree angle spot. The original post said he hit 2 fades and a jumper... Law of averages says that he is bound to miss a ton more especially if he isn't green releasing. To me, dude just figured out DJ's release. Shoot I've seen people miss tons of shots with Steph Curry, by a lot of folks logic that's "not real". Your right because the person controlling Steph doesn't really know how to shoot his shot. And they probably don't practice it either, they probably just picked up the sticks and said I'm Steph Curry, I should hit all these. Now if you said DJ crossed you and got an ankle breaker animation and then hit a jumper on you... Then I'd have a beef.
Ohhhhh Sssss Uuuuu Oregon State Fight Fight Fight!
Old 09-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #31
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Curry's aura got Zaza and D West out here hitting 3's

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
Most of us would have a worst rating than DJ irl but you wouldn't expect to miss every shot you take ever!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Ummm, against an NBA defender yes I would absolutely miss every shot. lol.

Most of the top players on this game are scoring 60+ points with tier 1 teams in 5 minute quarters. That puts them on pace for 130 - 140 point games, no way anyone could look at that output and not recognize that there's some serious flaws with the game. To see that type of scoring consistently means that the game is currently leaning on the side of arcade style play.

Bad shooters being able to make shots they don't even take in real life is only a fraction of the problem. Help defense is broken, contested shots fall too easily and the shot stick bonus only increases the possibility for bs to fall. There was no need to add a bonus to a system that's easy to use to begin with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »