Home

MyCareer Big Men PF/C

This is a discussion on MyCareer Big Men PF/C within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
Rookie

VictorOzieh's Arena

OVR: 1
MyCareer Big Men PF/C

I thought i'd start a thread for the Big Guy Brotherhood to assemble as Ronnie2k would say. Here we can discuss likes/dislikes, share tips to help each other. What builds are you guys using? what are your results so far? How do you feel about the archetype limitations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer Big Men PF/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorOzieh
I thought i'd start a thread for the Big Guy Brotherhood to assemble as Ronnie2k would say. Here we can discuss likes/dislikes, share tips to help each other. What builds are you guys using? what are your results so far? How do you feel about the archetype limitations?
is this strictly for mycareer or can we have all big men discussion (pro am?)

im a 6'9 300lb glass cleaner. i love it!!

i start off every year with a big but i particularly love my character this year!

i wanted to make this build last year - but we all know i would have emabarrassed going against the 7'3" monsters.

i love it because its like a im a baby shaq out there (aka big baby davis celtic years, also they used to call him baby shaq, and i was called baby shaq as a youngster - so theres the connection. plus shaq is my all time favorite player).

i can bully just about everyone out there but im still quick enough to move around and run up and down the court. i also love that i have a very solid mid range game, and i can hit the occasional 3.

my only weakness is verticality - i have none lol. i have to win with positioning which i love!!
Old 09-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Meh to be honest I hate it,

Last year I made a 6'8 pf trying to make a Charles Barkley type defender rebounder but due to the 2ks team inability to balance anything correctly I just got ****ted on by 7'3 350 pound centers all day.

Fast forward to today and in my foolish optimism I make another pf this time a bit taller and weighing more figuring hey maybe I can have some fun this year. But nope instead of being ****ted on in the post now I get just get ****ted on in the perimeter by 7'3 centers who can shoot and still back me down with equal strength. Oh did I forget they can rebound to?!? Because it has nothing to do with your rebound stat just your height.

So to anyone making a big make sure you make him a stretch big 7"3 350 pound or don't play because you can't do anything else because 2k's team is incompetent at making anything even remotely balanced **** this game
Old 09-22-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
Rookie

VictorOzieh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
is this strictly for mycareer or can we have all big men discussion (pro am?)

im a 6'9 300lb glass cleaner. i love it!!

i start off every year with a big but i particularly love my character this year!

i wanted to make this build last year - but we all know i would have emabarrassed going against the 7'3" monsters.

i love it because its like a im a baby shaq out there (aka big baby davis celtic years, also they used to call him baby shaq, and i was called baby shaq as a youngster - so theres the connection. plus shaq is my all time favorite player).

i can bully just about everyone out there but im still quick enough to move around and run up and down the court. i also love that i have a very solid mid range game, and i can hit the occasional 3.

my only weakness is verticality - i have none lol. i have to win with positioning which i love!!
All big men are welcome lol. hows long is your arm length? do you think the reduced height affects your ability to rebound like compared to maybe a taller glass cleaner? how do u like the badges?
Old 09-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #5
Rookie

VictorOzieh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexzeno
Meh to be honest I hate it,

Last year I made a 6'8 pf trying to make a Charles Barkley type defender rebounder but due to the 2ks team inability to balance anything correctly I just got ****ted on by 7'3 350 pound centers all day.

Fast forward to today and in my foolish optimism I make another pf this time a bit taller and weighing more figuring hey maybe I can have some fun this year. But nope instead of being ****ted on in the post now I get just get ****ted on in the perimeter by 7'3 centers who can shoot and still back me down with equal strength. Oh did I forget they can rebound to?!? Because it has nothing to do with your rebound stat just your height.

So to anyone making a big make sure you make him a stretch big 7"3 350 pound or don't play because you can't do anything else because 2k's team is incompetent at making anything even remotely balanced **** this game
lol I'm sorry you feel that way. what archetype did u go with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 02:44 PM   #6
Banned

6'6 PF imitating Sir Charles. Made myself a rebounder. Having some fun in offline games, and enjoy being a lot quicker than most big men. Just hoping my mid range jumper and inside game will be good enough eventually to be a good scorer.

Don't think I'll even bother with online from the sounds of things. Sounds like another year of everyone finding the easiest build and dominating with that build.

The archetypes are pretty **** really. They don't even make any sense.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
All big men are welcome lol. hows long is your arm length? do you think the reduced height affects your ability to rebound like compared to maybe a taller glass cleaner? how do u like the badges?

defauot arm length. i dont feel ive lost anything to arm length but i have lost verticality due to weight lmao
Old 09-22-2016, 02:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
lol I'm sorry you feel that way. what archetype did u go with?
Post scorer

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »