Home

List of broken features

This is a discussion on List of broken features within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
List of broken features

After playing 20+ games in MyGM mode the following features are not working.

1. shot grade/shot feedback: white releases close to perfect release get TOO EARLY/TOO LATE and D or F grade. Ironically, most of those go in. Solution: Turn shot feedback off.

2. the whole ACE system: even setting the strategies on court (with DPAD right) does not do anything at all. Get shooters open? No.
On top of that the whole team stops moving sometimes. Especially when the ball is in the post.
Solution: Run quick plays all the time.

3. Rotations (coach gameplan): the instructions are ignored.
Solution: Set minutes as in NBA 2k16 and don't bother.

4. making or missing shots: contested jumpers go in, especially when near the end of the shot clock. Wide open jumpers at the start of the shot clock miss. The whole scoring or missing feels totally random.
Solution: Just shoot and pray.

5. Defending: players are on auto-pilot, stumble, slide and/or are pushed around, ignoring user input on defense. User controlled defender is moved out of the way "magically".
Solution: Watch TV while on defense and/or pray.

6. huge pathfinding issues, collision issues, leading to 3 in the key and general chaos when running plays. Manual pick and roll is completely useless, cause the roll man has no collision when setting the pick and the ball handler is sucked into the defender(s) like they are a black hole.
Solution: Don't run pick and roll. Only run fool proof plays, and/or shoot pull up mid range jumpers all game.

7. On defense, "tag the roll man" leads to wide a open three point shot opportunity every time.
Solution: Set everything to "no", "off" or equivalent.

Last edited by pazpay2k28; 09-24-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: List of broken features

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazpay2k28
After playing 20+ games in MyGM mode the following features are not working.

1. shot grade/shot feedback: white releases close to perfect release get TOO EARLY/TOO LATE and D or F grade. Ironically, most of those go in. Solution: Turn shot feedback off.

2. the whole ACE system: even setting the strategies on court (with DPAD right) does not do anything at all. Get shooters open? No.
On top of that the whole team stops moving sometimes. Especially when the ball is in the post.
Solution: Run quick plays all the time.

3. Rotations (coach gameplan): the instructions are ignored.
Solution: Set minutes as in NBA 2k16 and don't bother.

4. making or missing shots: contested jumpers go in, especially when near the end of the shot clock. Wide open jumpers at the start of the shot clock miss. The whole scoring or missing feels totally random.
Solution: Just shoot and pray.

5. Defending: players are on auto-pilot, stumble, slide and/or are pushed around, ignoring user input on defense. User controlled defender is moved out of the way "magically".
Solution: Watch TV while on defense and/or pray.

6. huge pathfinding issues, collision issues, leading to 3 in the key and general chaos when running plays. Manual pick and roll is completely useless, cause the roll man has no collision when setting the pick.
Solution: Don't run pick and roll. Only run fool proof plays.

7. On defense, "tag the roll man" leads to wide a open three point shot opportunity every time.
Solution: Set everything to "no", "off" or equivalent.
Not a solution for the entire game but advanced rotations works in My League and it works well.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

So many things that simply do not work....

Makes you wonder if maybe the 'authentic arena" stuff is just broken also. I.e. It is in there, but not working. As all the sounds right now are from NBA 2K16.

Hoping it somehow works post patch. The new 200 hours of audio is simply not present at the moment.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not a solution for the entire game but advanced rotations works in My League and it works well.
True statement there. I love this feature. Even works when you set the CPU rotations. Best feature in my opinion.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:20 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
True statement there. I love this feature. Even works when you set the CPU rotations. Best feature in my opinion.
Yep. I was concerned it wouldnt work but it works sooo well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »