Home

Do you disable injuries in your seasons ?

This is a discussion on Do you disable injuries in your seasons ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #9
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Do you disable injuries in your seasons ?

I'm glad that in-game injuries are finally a thing again this year after them being practically non-existent last year. However, they do seem a bit over done. After having one injury in my first five games (four played and one sim) I decided to come up with this system:

- If a player is hurt in a simmed game leave it as is. I only play 21 full game per season and sim the other games, so it's only fair for the CPU teams this way.

- If a player is just "hurt" leave it as is and let them play through it.

- If a player is injured I'm using Random.Org to randomly select if and how long they are injured for. How I'm determining that is I'm using 1-4 to Randomly select how long they are injured for.

1 - Means no injury and can return the next game
2 - Means can return in 1-7 days (I then use Random.Org to determine how many days they're out)
3 - Leave the Injury as is, but cut their injured time in half
4 - No change

This for both myself and the CPU for major in-game injuries only. I came up with this system before my 5th played game and coincidentally I didn't have any injuries in my 6th game. If that isn't an anomaly then i will squash the system and just use in-game injuries as is.... I'm hoping that's the case. If not, I will use this system or another one if someone comes up with something that seems better or there's a patch.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-26-2016, 06:28 PM   #10
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I just turn them off. Injuries in this game seem totally random. I had Paul George break his left ankle shooting an uncontested jump shot in the first quarter of my first game in MyLeague. Buddy Heild sprained his left ankle in the same quarter for the CPU. BTW the injury slider was at 20 for that game.

Yea, something like that could possibly happen, but it always feels like it's scripted so I'd rather not deal with them. Just a personal opinion. Going in and editing away injuries if I don't like them seems like cheating to me since I'll always want to remove injuries to my stars. So I just don't have them at all. I turn off injuries in all sports games I play.
I do the same. In my opinion, none of the sports games get injuries right anyway. So I just turn it off.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:02 PM   #11
Rookie

Futurestyl3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
That's good to know. Thank you ! Do you just go into their attributes ? Is that how their past games worked too? I still play 2k12 can I heal them in that season too?
in 2k17 just go to edit player ---> Vitals and go down to injury and change it to healthy.

not sure about 2k12 I haven't played it in a while
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 07:18 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

I like waiting until the regular season starts and then just mimic the real life injuries. In the meantime, I have them off

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 12:11 AM   #13
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

I don't think its broken because injuries by nature are a random thing. When im playing offline, its just my preference to turn them down. I won't turn then off because I want some realism.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 12:33 AM   #14
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

For me, it hasn't been random at all. Usually its the jump shooters in any particular game, always coming down from a jump shot. I have yet to see another type of injury in the game's I've played, either in Play Now or MyLeague and its almost always an ankle injury (if I remember correctly, one of them was a broken toe, NBA2k17 seems to have a foot fetish). It has happened to the CPU too, and I get at least one every game I play, with the exception of one game where there were no injuries.

On the other hand, simulated injuries seem fine. I really like the frequency of injuries, but there's clearly something going on because its completely out of control. In MyLeague, in the first 12 games with the Blazers I had Lillard and McCollum get ankle injuries 4 times each with no rhyme or reason. They would happen at the beginning of the game, middle, or near end, so fatigue wasn't really a factor. I experimented with the injury sliders on MyLeague by putting the value to 25, then 0, and I still had the same situation happen.

I really wish they sort this out in the coming patch, because its really taking the fun out of playing MyLeague. Again, I'm fine with getting all sorts of injuries, but when it keeps happening to the same guys and the same type of injury, you know something's not right. I don't want them to tone them down, just to get them to work as intended and then I'd be set.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:09 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
I don't think its broken because injuries by nature are a random thing. When im playing offline, its just my preference to turn them down. I won't turn then off because I want some realism.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I agree with this. There's a BIG random factor to injuries there's no real formula to it. It's partially wear and tear but it's also partially just sheer dumb luck(or just dumb), landing and your body just says hell to the naw, falling the wrong way, punching a fire extinguisher, or a trainer...Paul George missed a whole year because he broke his leg on the stanchon...a lot of injuries are just random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 04:26 AM   #16
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinntu
I agree with this. There's a BIG random factor to injuries there's no real formula to it. It's partially wear and tear but it's also partially just sheer dumb luck(or just dumb), landing and your body just says hell to the naw, falling the wrong way, punching a fire extinguisher, or a trainer...Paul George missed a whole year because he broke his leg on the stanchon...a lot of injuries are just random.
One I thing I will say about injuries that is isn't realistic is a majority of the injuries I keep seeing, are ankle injuries. The guy always falls down , out of nowhere, nobody touched him, boom he's out for the game.

The one time , in this game and 2K16 where I saw I realistic injury, was when I was guarding a guy driving to the basket. I put my arms up and he elbowed me in the face. I git broken eye socket. That was pretty cool actually

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »