Home

Trading yourself mid-season 100% breaks MyCareer story.

This is a discussion on Trading yourself mid-season 100% breaks MyCareer story. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2016, 06:30 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Trading yourself mid-season 100% breaks MyCareer story.

Would've preferred if 2k returned to a 2k14, Jackson Ellis-style villain story. Even better, why can't we be like KD (and Justice/our foil character be our Russ) or BronBron, and every time we go back to the team that drafted us/me or I match up against Justice's team, there's talk about the animosity between us rather than BS about some D-league player who's orbiting my posse. Btw Jackson Ellis-era (2k14/15) voice acting was like 100x better than now.

Get back to basics 2k. They're trying too much...it's like putting 100lbs of makeup on a butter face w/o the body. Gameplay and mechanics sometimes/mostly screwed, the actors and storyline they're putting together doesn't appeal to anybody really. Lack of competition does this.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:33 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
Lack of competition does this.
I would disagree. For one - they DO have competition. NBA Live exist and has put out a game the last 2 years with a 3rd on the way. Also - no one did career mode with cutscenes before 2K. If lack of competition was the driving motivation - they would have stuck with status quo.

I won't argue against your right to dislike the story mode. Just trying to be fair.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #91
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I would disagree. For one - they DO have competition. NBA Live exist and has put out a game the last 2 years with a 3rd on the way. Also - no one did career mode with cutscenes before 2K. If lack of competition was the driving motivation - they would have stuck with status quo.

I won't argue against your right to dislike the story mode. Just trying to be fair.
Hate to say it (I used to love Live), but Live ain't no competition. I mean, sure, its technically competing...

I have technically been competing with Jay Z for Beyonce's love for years, but it ain't gonna happen.

Until Live is actually worth paying for, then why bother worrying about it? It sucks, but its safe to say 2k is more interested in $$ than making something amazing. More power to them, they got bills to pay, but as soon as something good comes out, I'm gonna switch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 01:12 AM   #92
Banned

On my shooting guard, I got drafted #1 and went to the 76ers. Traded asap. 2 years later I'm facing justice in the finals and torched them 4-1.

Not a SINGLE mention of how we used play together. Could have taken the league by storm if we would have stuck it out.

Would have added a whole new element to career. As horrible as 14s career was, dropping 40 on Jackson Ellis was awesome especially when dude used to talk **** EVERY time we faced up.

I liked the rival aspect SO much better.

The only way the dynamic duo even works is when justice is PG and you're off ball. Playing as any kind of PG with justice is dumb. I'm 4 inches taller than justice, but he's getting blasted on defense on the wing and I'm smashing every PG that tries and come in my lane. I can switch defensive assignments but then I feel I'm SG and throw the ball away trying to pass it to X. Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »