Home

Are green/perfect releases the cause of unrealistic CPU shooting on HOF?

This is a discussion on Are green/perfect releases the cause of unrealistic CPU shooting on HOF? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 07:40 AM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Are green/perfect releases the cause of unrealistic CPU shooting on HOF?

This is no more then a theory and a question. Are perfect releases the cause of the HOF CPU's unrealistic shooting?

You can't see the CPU's shot meter, but I assume from the follow thru of the shooter that the CPU is getting excellent releases on most of their open shots. Since, 2k has decided that all green/excellent releases are going in, then the CPU will always make an unrealistic amount of open shots. That is why you see 60 and 50 rated moving mid and close range guys hitting moving mid and close range shots at a high clip. Also why 70 rated three point guys are like Steph Curry shooting threes off the dribble. The meter is also applied on layups, is that why the CPU is getting all of these AND1's?

Do you think that green/perfect releases by the CPU may be the cause of the HOF cpu making almost every open shot?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Are green/perfect releases the cause of unrealistic CPU shooting on HOF?

HoF has always been like this, even before perfect releases were a thing. The CPU work off sliders.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
HoF has always been like this, even before perfect releases were a thing. The CPU work off sliders.
If they are getting perfect releases on a 45 shooting slider as opposed to a 50 it doesnt matter what the slider is. It will go in either way because its a perfect release. In the old 2k games you could turn the shooting sliders down and the cpu would shoot based off of the slider, but if the release is perfect the shooting slider wont matter. Is the theory.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-28-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
This is no more then a theory and a question. Are perfect releases the cause of the HOF CPU's unrealistic shooting?

You can't see the CPU's shot meter, but I assume from the follow thru of the shooter that the CPU is getting excellent releases on most of their open shots. Since, 2k has decided that all green/excellent releases are going in, then the CPU will always make an unrealistic amount of open shots. That is why you see 60 and 50 rated moving mid and close range guys hitting moving mid and close range shots at a high clip. Also why 70 rated three point guys are like Steph Curry shooting threes off the dribble. The meter is also applied on layups, is that why the CPU is getting all of these AND1's?

Do you think that green/perfect releases by the CPU may be the cause of the HOF cpu making almost every open shot?
Are you talking pre or post patch? Post patch I heard the CPU is now making much more shots than before and Mike Wang is trying to fix the issue. I think he will have to re-tune the success of open and contested shots again.

I am XBOX 1 so no patch yet but I think I could tell the difference between HOF CPU and SS CPU is that they get a Offensive/defensive consistency boost of 55 instead of 50 on SS. I played numerous games with the same teams to see if things are just fluke games and you can really see that this slider is really like a ratings boost. I couldn't leave the bad shooters open on HOF CPU. Maybe they think the CPU needs this boost but it made the bad shooters who I am trying to take shots much better so the strategy is gone.

I really think that is the issue pre patch, now post patch appears to have new sets of shooting issues. So right now when I play the CPU I use HOF SIM then adjust consistency to 50. I let them keep all the other benefits of awareness and whatever else they have over a user. It plays much more realistic, try it on XBOX 1.

Now the and ones I noticed yesterday that they lowered the amount of and ones for me and the CPU but I am XBOX. That is what I was seeing in the games I was playing. Somebody else posted it in the patch thread. They thought it was a fix of the patch.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #5
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

The CPU doesn't get shot timing bonuses or penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
The CPU doesn't get shot timing bonuses or penalties.

Ok so this is just something we are seeing in Post patch Mike?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »