Home

The Biggest Problem with 2K17

This is a discussion on The Biggest Problem with 2K17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 08:37 AM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
The Biggest Problem with 2K17

My biggest problem with 2K17 that dates back as far as I can remember is being told I need to do something, learning how to do it, then it doesn't work. Now before somebody checks my stick skills or shouts the obligatory "GIT GUD" I don't mean I learned the crossover and the move is ineffective, I mean they literally do not happen when I input the correct button combinations.

When I double tap X, I should enter the animation of a spin layup/shot, or a Euro step dependent upon the right trigger, not force up and out of control floater/jump hook hybrid. When I tap X once, I should pump fake, or when I tap X in the post while angling LS toward the hoop, I should get a dropstep, not the fadeaway that should only trigger when I HOLD X and angle LS away from the basket.

In 2KU as well as the controller manual, it says double tap Y to throw an alley oop. You can control who goes up for it by directing the LS. Nowhere in this tutorial did it tell me that this button combination would ever result in me throwing the ball straight up in the air and have my teammates stand around like they don't know a game is being played while my opponent gets a steal.

How do I become good at a game that seemingly dictates what I do against my own will?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Biggest Problem with 2K17

2Kanimations often times rule what happens in the game and often times it seems like it's more common than user input. I personally feel this year is the best year in a very long time for user input response.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's better than it has been by a large margin. You'll just have to get used to what seems like arbitrary actions. I know what pressing a certain button will do in certain contexts despite what the manual says it will do. Once you get used to that, you'll find you have a bit more control.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Biggest Problem with 2K17

Yeah this year feels much better with the input than 2k16 did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »