Home

Post Scorers - What's your favorite move this year?

This is a discussion on Post Scorers - What's your favorite move this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 04:50 PM   #57
Rookie

OfficialQbN's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Post Scorers - What's your favorite move this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Post offense is alot stronger than last year in park/pro am with post scorer vs inside c/pf. Biggest reason is everybody except paint protector got defense ratings in 70's and only bronze defensive badge. In 2k16 everybody would mitigate ur post offense with gold defensive badges and 90+ defense ratings.

I'm using 6'10 guy and not afraid to go at it over 7'3 max arms guys at all. Post offense is very deep and u have counters to anything defender do and hof up'n'under badge boost ur close shot so much that u dont need single upgrade to close shot.
Where does it say up n under boosts shot close ? Where did you read that ?

Member Of OS Since 2013 (Formerly QB1N)
Old 10-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #58
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialQbN
Where does it say up n under boosts shot close ? Where did you read that ?
From own experience, otherwise i'd brick everything not having it upgraded. I'm not talking regular jumpshot, but a shot after intial fake that triggers badge.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialQbN
Definitely Drop-Stepper, it's much stronger... They refined the animations for it to make it more accurate.

Anyone else find it confounding for post scoring archetypes to have higher mid range than shot close ???

Take a look at every solid low post player in NBA2K... They all have at least a shot close of 80 or higher but your my-player caps in the mid 70's...

I think the post game was stronger for my-players last year than this year to be honest... You could have 94 shot close... Gold Acrobat, Gold Tear-Dropper, Gold Relentless... If you knew how to do post moves you couldn't be stopped... Ive seen more post move bricked shots in my-player size mismatches this year than any prior year...

Athletic Finishers have a higher shot close than Post Scorers which makes 0 sense whatsoever...
I think the post archetype is supposed to be more like Zach Randolph & Lamarcus Aldridge than it is Shaq, the turn around jumper range is crazy.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I think the post archetype is supposed to be more like Zach Randolph & Lamarcus Aldridge than it is Shaq, the turn around jumper range is crazy.
I haven't had this experience at all, I actually feel the opposite.

The post fade has been absolute garbage for me this year. It worked for me last year very well. I had a perfect post hook in 16, and outside of the occasional shimmy hook, I simply cannot land that with my 6'11 Center even when I have a PG or SG isolated underneath. It could be timing but I feel like I've put in enough hours with that guy. My 7'3 Glass Cleaner doesn't have these problems. I expected my 6'11 Post Scorer to be more agile and attack more with his post fade, but because he's unable to do that consistently, I can't really do it. It's silly too, I can hit step back threes from the top of the key and corner threes but I can't hit a post fade to save my life.

At 7'3 The post scorer would be a true problem. That dropstep would murder and you wouldn't need more than a bronze posterizer to dominate underneath.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:13 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendCenter41
this is strictly for PROAM. so still make a giant slow tank?
Height is the most important thing for bigs in 2k, always was, still is. It always will be until they find out a way to balance blocks/rebounds around something other than height. You can go in with any 55 rated 7'3 guy on HoF and beast with just dunks/rebounds. I still can't block shots on my lockdown defender, who is 6'9, better than with my 7'3 post scorer. I left my rebounding at 70 and my block is at 70, and he still kills anything in close and grabs near every board. I would go max height, max weight, max wingspan... but that's just me.

Speed matters, but not that much. The key is to ride people up the court on breaks. What I like to do is actually run in front of them. haha. Play that NASCAR defense. In the half court, speed doesn't matter because your game isn't based on speed at all.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »