Home

List of Bugs for MyCareer 2k17

This is a discussion on List of Bugs for MyCareer 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 09:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
List of Bugs for MyCareer 2k17

Let's use this thread specifically for bugs in MyCareer NBA2k17. The purpose of this thread not to bash or vent, but to raise awareness for devs to address them.

Let's be respectful. Yes, we're frustrated but it's not easy making a game of this scale, and Beluba and some other 2k developers have been incredibly transparent and professional in their replies to the community. Couldn't ask for more out of Beluba.

What are bugs currently in nba2k17 MyCareer?

Bugs that I have found:
- Connections stopped working, stopped incorporating into the schedule after Patch 1. (e.g. Coach K reaches out in text, Pres and Coach K set up an offday together. Offday comes, there is no scheduled meeting despite the text. Player cannot unlock custom jumpshot creator).

-Nike endorsement stuck at level 1, not progressing to level 2. Some people started at endorsement level 2 because of high draft stock. I got drafted #8 to the Kings and have been stuck at level 1. Other people who have won league MVPs and accomplished more than I have so far in MyCareer have also been stuck at level 1. Other shoe endorsements do not seem to have this problem, although I might be wrong.

- No more David Aldridge intro during games after Patch 1. Instead, there is an awkward silence showing the starting lineup, where announcers briefly stop announcing before tipoff.

- Jason (reporter dude) talks to Pres during every practice to suggest that Pres ask for a trade. Doin Work meter progress cannot be earned during practice. (I've fortunately had this stop after around 5 practices).

- Excessive double teaming in the perimeter and in the post. Chris Smoove made a video about this. Also, somebody in this community said he averages like 15 assists as a post scoring center because he gets doubled every single time in the post. (Beluba acknowledged the excessive perimeter double teaming in the perimeter in a different thread. I'm not sure if the excessive double teaming in the post has been addressed)

- Only allowed to equip 1 contact dunk animation (even if you purchase all 4)

- switching from one shoe endorsement company to another is broken (e.g. Originally signed with adidas. Get offer to switch to Jordan. If you switch, you can still only wear adidas. Cannot wear jordans)

- Myplayer sometimes reacts / spins randomly on defense in MyCareer and the Park, responsiveness disappears as if 2k is controlling your player instead of you on the sticks.

Cosmetic/minor bugs:
- team accessories are not the same color as teammates'
- locker room walk-way cutscenes after games where our Myplayer is taller (or shorter) than everybody else on the team.

Last edited by poetinjune; 09-30-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #2
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Re: List of Bugs for MyCareer 2k17

myplayer awareness and reaction glitches it's kind of hard to explain unless your actually the one behind the controls but myplayer starts moving around on defense as if he's trying to guard everyone he's near instead of the person he's closes to which results in myplayer moving in all kinds of directions and spinning around uncontrollably. it also effects me when i try to rebound basically the whole gameplay movement starts freaking out for myplayer

Not sure if that started when i got a app error crash before the patch or is it a glitch within the workout gym when i use the weight training machine that gives +1 in reaction. Either way its something that happens it could be on 2ks end because even when i create a new file it still happens i even tried reinstalling the game.

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 09-30-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #3
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

I wont consider cutscenes being out of sync with what is actually happening in your career a bug but a terrible design/implementation flaw. They are obviously tied to a timeline and get triggered when certain dates have passed etc. I dont have any hopes that this gets fixed.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo13clikke
I wont consider cutscenes being out of sync with what is actually happening in your career a bug but a terrible design/implementation flaw. They are obviously tied to a timeline and get triggered when certain dates have passed etc. I dont have any hopes that this gets fixed.
Good point. I'll remove that from the list of bugs so that we can focus on gameplay-related bugs
Old 09-30-2016, 10:14 AM   #5
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

Icon9 Re: List of Bugs for MyCareer 2k17

hello, I'm sorry to post this over here but here is what bugs me

I know a lot of people don't care about this but,

team accessories colors for my player does not match my team members

compression pants and shorts are the same as team colors no white or black.

also socks length !

I hope they can patch this this year and don't ignore it like last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 10:33 AM   #6
Rookie

Besides the issues listed, I originally chose adidas. Later i was asked if I wanted to switch to Jodan, which I did. Problem is I still can only access adidas shoes. Mr Jordan is very upset with me wearing adidas lol
Old 09-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #7
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

There's a bug and glitches thread already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2016, 11:27 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammar_munes
hello, I'm sorry to post this over here but here is what bugs me

I know a lot of people don't care about this but,

team accessories colors for my player does not match my team members

compression pants and shorts are the same as team colors no white or black.

also socks length !

I hope they can patch this this year and don't ignore it like last year.
the pants and sock lengths have been added to the store yesterday. maybe you should check out the store?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »