Home

2K17 Is Freezing Your Defenders So You Don't Steal Passes

This is a discussion on 2K17 Is Freezing Your Defenders So You Don't Steal Passes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 01:23 AM   #1
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
2K17 Is Freezing Your Defenders So You Don't Steal Passes

I made a thread about this last year but it seems the issue has returned again.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-passes-2.html

Seriously?

This is just crazy. Once again, I'm in good position to steal the pass or at the very least defend the paint yet when the ball comes into my vicinity I get forced into this weird stance where the game takes control of my defender and either freezes him or pushes him out of the way so the pass can be made. I'm just curious as to how I'm supposed to defend the paint if something like this is happening? Is this a way to nerf players from stealing too many passes or is this just the game deciding that the pass is going to made no matter what?

What is the cause of this? Last year I thought it was because of the Defensive Assist being LT but that's obviously not the case since LT is now Intense-D again. I must be doing something wrong because I don't think I've seen anyone talk about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 01:33 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2K17 Is Freezing Your Defenders So You Don't Steal Passes

Yeah this has been a big problem for me as well, especially in Play Now Online. The new cheese appears to be just forcing these crazy passes inside. At the moment, I'm just not going for these steals anymore at all and trying my best to defend the shot since they are so unreliable. The CPU does it sometimes too, but not nearly as frequently as some of these guys online.

One thing I would like 2K to look into for future versions of the game is to implement an option where you can maybe hold the steal button to cause your guy to try to intercept passes. This would obviously have to come along with a restriction of movement while the steal button is being held, but if you know the pass is coming and you are in position your guy will grab it without having to worry about timing (which is especially difficult with online latency).

Bad passes should not be rewarded with easy buckets.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:12 AM   #3
Pro

My defensive archetype does decent at stealing the ball on inside passes, I feel like the pass perception really matters, alot.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:16 AM   #4
Rookie

As you see you are winning in both scenarios.

If you were losing you would have intercepted the ball.

Also the CPU will do it for you even better
Old 10-01-2016, 04:45 AM   #5
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

I noticed with 2K17 is that the CPU gets all the advantages. I have seen the CPU do things I could never do. The psychic defense is getting on my nerves. Pre-patch and post-patch, defense is still a test for you as a user. The offense is a piece of cake but defending? The hardest it has been in the series and I consider myself an elite defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
My defensive archetype does decent at stealing the ball on inside passes, I feel like the pass perception really matters, alot.
But the thing is for me, if I'm staring at the ball and am in good position, don't punish me by taking control of my defender and moving him out of the way. That's crazy. I don't have to get the steal, but at the very least I'll be in position to defend the layup/dunk after the pass is caught.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
But the thing is for me, if I'm staring at the ball and am in good position, don't punish me by taking control of my defender and moving him out of the way. That's crazy. I don't have to get the steal, but at the very least I'll be in position to defend the layup/dunk after the pass is caught.
That's the ratings game. that's like saying don't punish me for taking a wide open standing corner three that was almost a perfect shot... with Andre Drummond.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:14 PM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
That's the ratings game. that's like saying don't punish me for taking a wide open standing corner three that was almost a perfect shot... with Andre Drummond.
Andre Drummond is not a 3PT shooter though.

This is just a regular pass. I would like to think that I could tip or steal a pass on any level of basketball if I'm staring at the ball handler right before he makes the pass. I've probably played a 1000+ games of basketball in IRL, and I can't think of a time where I missed that particular pass (when I'm am anticipating it) unless my opponent threaded the needle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »