Home

Speed Boost is Back!

This is a discussion on Speed Boost is Back! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2016, 05:57 PM   #25
Rookie

twebb5896's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Speed Boost is Back!

The only way it would be overpowered is if the ball handlers could drive in a straight line and not super wide, but since they can't (*cough) it's not that hard to stop.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #26
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

The speed boosting in 2k17 is NOT the same as it use to be in 2K16. You can no longer spam speed boosting. Also, your energy drains faster when you speed boost.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:51 PM   #27
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Speed Boost is Back!

Don't take out exploding out of a dribble again. Last year it needed to be addressed but not taken out completely.

This year it's not that big of an issue for me. Fixing moving screens will make a lot of things better. And also they definitely have to improve the sliding on defense and the feeling of being pulled when trying to run in a different direction. Even worst this year than last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoo50
If Defence was same with 2k16; yes it wouldnt bother but defence is so sluggish this year

I agree. Defense is horrible for me. Sluggish and sliding. And having 70 something defense doesn't really help but I should still be able to move how I'd like to. 2K16 was a lot better defensive wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 10-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #28
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
Please stop trying to nerf every single aspect of this game. I hate to be the one to tell you OP but you need to get better at the game, and stop trying to nerf everything that YOU struggle with. Game is just fine how it is.

I think it's time that all of us stop accepting these call for nerf threads, and start calling out people that just want to complain instead of trying to adapt to the game and get better.
Exactly! I am one to admit I made a thread about missing layups. I missed 90% of them. This was like week 1. We are in week 4 almost and now I make 99% of my layups. People need to start practicing, do 2K scrimmages, etc. That's what 2KU is for! I am hating this nerf stuff too. You will get better. I don't like the preachy language or cliches but it's the truth. Practice makes perfect. I actually fantasized about them not having the layup timer in the future games but I love it now. It's frustration at the end of the day and you will improve the more you play. If you don't play you won't improve. This is why I will not make any more complaints about this game. All of the flaws I had when the game came out are corrected already.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:52 PM   #29
Pro

OS should include a poll to every thread - where users are allowed to agree or disagree - this would help the devs see what the majority wants.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #30
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
OS should include a poll to every thread - where users are allowed to agree or disagree - this would help the devs see what the majority wants.

The worst thing the devs could do is listen to OS posers
Old 10-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
The worst thing the devs could do is listen to OS posers
But they do - so we need a way to help them see right opinion from wrong. Disagree option would save some of their reading time for more useful threads - more urgent issues. Hey come on - problems happen - but OS has some smart people.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #32
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
But they do - so we need a way to help them see right opinion from wrong. Disagree option would save some of their reading time for more useful threads - more urgent issues. Hey come on - problems happen - but OS has some smart people.

Since when is game design a democracy?

Its nuts to think that a bunch of random people know more about how to make a good basketball sim than the people who make the best one year after year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »