Home

Mike Wang Confirms 98 Overall Players Don't Have Advantage; Won't be Punished

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Confirms 98 Overall Players Don't Have Advantage; Won't be Punished within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 11:25 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Wang Confirms 98 Overall Players Don't Have Advantage; Won't be Punished

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidNoSugar
Don't think that would work at all because there is no way to differentiate who solely plays MC & goes online
It's unrealistic to make it work indeed - just has potential.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 11:28 PM   #66
Pro

Re: Mike Wang Confirms 98 Overall Players Don't Have Advantage; Won't be Punished

BTW guys - in another thread someone said this glitch has been patched - not sure if official. If it's true the only other thing to ask yourselves is if 2k is gonna penalize these players. I assume from overall alone one can tell who did the glitch maybe? Since most would be 95.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:51 PM   #67
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
BTW guys - in another thread someone said this glitch has been patched - not sure if official. If it's true the only other thing to ask yourselves is if 2k is gonna penalize these players. I assume from overall alone one can tell who did the glitch maybe? Since most would be 95.

Indeed if you go to the free agency list they tell on themselves. The attributes bought is saved server side for 2K so they should know everyone who has done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2016, 11:52 PM   #68
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Dont even ban them, the punishment should simply be deleting their myplayer profiles that contain 98 overall players and they should be given a warning. At the end of the day people still want to play and have fun. Just delete their 98 exploited players and make them restart.

its not hard to spot them the only way your hitting a 98 overall is if your a superstar 5 which nobody is at the moment.

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 10-07-2016 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:03 AM   #69
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
Dont even ban them, the punishment should simply be deleting their myplayer profiles that contain 98 overall players and they should be given a warning. At the end of the day people still want to play and have fun. Just delete their 98 exploited players and make them restart.

its not hard to spot them the only way your hitting a 98 overall is if your a superstar 5 which nobody is at the moment.

As I stated earlier a friend got a 2 week ban for leaking info so I'm tryna see the same lol. Idc if they don't but it sends a message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 12:46 AM   #70
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

FWIW, Ronnie has come out on record (Twitter) in the past announcing users would be banned for doing *xxx* so ya it's safe to assume that Mikes acknowledgement of the true issue will be passed on to those who can effectively respond.

Let's drop the pitchforks lol I honestly got a laugh out of the revelation because it shows how much attention this shot meter glitch and shot tuning influx of queries has truly bogged down Mike.. ya it's become overwhelming and I'm past the laughing period now and am ready to be calm and let things take their course

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 07:51 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 10

Then 2k should unlock it so we can all max our players... right?

Also @ not mattering, it matters. Because if you leave something untouched compared to maxing it, it's a huge difference. Even if you just top things off. I think 2k kind of has a break point approach to attributes, so yes passing breakpoints, esp for shooting, does matter.

Sad day, whatever.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 10-08-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 02:34 PM   #72
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Then 2k should unlock it so we can all max our players... right?

Also @ not mattering, it matters. Because if you leave something untouched compared to maxing it, it's a huge difference. Even if you just top things off. I think 2k kind of has a break point approach to attributes, so yes passing breakpoints, esp for shooting, does matter.

Sad day, whatever.

-Smak
The "Threshold" is real. You definitely get better animations out of the game at certain attribute levels. Once I upped rebound I started getting the huge 2 handed vertical catch rebs, instead of the short hop ones.
Same with speed with ball. 82 seems to be the threshold for explosive dribbling.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »