Home

Post Scorers - What's your favorite move this year?

This is a discussion on Post Scorers - What's your favorite move this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 02:54 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Post Scorers - What's your favorite move this year?

We have threads for pretty much every archetype but the Post Scorer. I have been messing around with one myself and I'm actually enjoying it a lot.

My only issue is, when I'm being defended by someone undersized, and low overall rating, my 95% full shots seem to be... just ok.

I also have the issue of dropstepping, and offline I can get a dunk a lot but, online I dropstep and it's almost always a layup, that is blocked about 25% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 03:15 AM   #2
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Re: Post Scorers - What's your favorite move this year?

I'm playing post scorer pf 6'10 .

some insights on post game:

1)post shimmy hook seem to work better than regular one. You do it same way as normal one while also holding right trigger. It works better because it helps avoid "contested" animation trigger that always brick. Also using it as initial fake for up'n'under seem to work very well because your player usually changes positioning against defender which opens up a step through.

2)You can switch dribbling hand while in post up which is very neat I love to use to for switching angles to trick the opponent . Control is very similar to fake spin move and I often accidentally do one or other .

3)Drop Step and Post Spin are money moves if defender hugs you very close or reaches in. There is new canned drop step animation that just break defender away from you:
Spoiler

With this build you have to be an axis of your team offense otherwise you'd be quite inefficient as some guy who just picks rebs and dunks.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:19 AM   #3
Rookie

just Mudiay's Arena

I really like the drop step to the middle as it creates some opportunities but yet I struggle to do it consistently.

@vroman: how does the move in the clip work? it looks super nice and that's exactly how random guys defend your post guy
SOCCER - Borussia Dortmund
Old 09-30-2016, 03:38 AM   #4
Rookie

whats the post scorer grand badge?
Old 09-30-2016, 03:56 AM   #5
Rookie

nrc125's Arena

I love how you have complete control over what move you specifically want to make, instead of triggering a random preset animation. Up and under? Can finish with either the right or the left. Spin to baseline and pause mid shot, stepthrough? You can do that too. I didnt get 2k16, so I find the post game here to be incredibly responsive and tight.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 04:07 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
I'm playing post scorer pf 6'10 .

some insights on post game:

1)post shimmy hook seem to work better than regular one. You do it same way as normal one while also holding right trigger. It works better because it helps avoid "contested" animation trigger that always brick. Also using it as initial fake for up'n'under seem to work very well because your player usually changes positioning against defender which opens up a step through.

2)You can switch dribbling hand while in post up which is very neat I love to use to for switching angles to trick the opponent . Control is very similar to fake spin move and I often accidentally do one or other .

3)Drop Step and Post Spin are money moves if defender hugs you very close or reaches in. There is new canned drop step animation that just break defender away from you:
Spoiler

With this build you have to be an axis of your team offense otherwise you'd be quite inefficient as some guy who just picks rebs and dunks.
This Dropstep video is EXACTLY what I'm walking about. I making the assumption you have high Dunk/layup, like myself, I can't get a dunk out of this, it's always that layup.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:15 AM   #7
MVP

I am 7' C, 276 lbs and max wingspan.

I love shimmy hooks and dropsteps into dunk. HOF MyCareer is almost too easy for me. But I do feel difference being guarded by Ilyasova and being guarded by Dwight. I can easily destroy Ilyasova in the post with shimmys, dropsteps and The Dreams but I really have to work against Dwight. I have to utilize my mid range (67 rated) to draw him out of his comfort zone.

Also when I get the ball in high post ISO against good/great defender I give ball to Justice, pick and roll with him so I get a mismatch with PG and then just barbecue chicken erneeeh
Old 09-30-2016, 04:17 AM   #8
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
This Dropstep video is EXACTLY what I'm walking about. I making the assumption you have high Dunk/layup, like myself, I can't get a dunk out of this, it's always that layup.
More often than not i dunk it now (78 stand dunk and 83 post control), back there i was like 75 ovr with low post up ratings. Not really sure but i think u need to time it on when to force dunk out of the animation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »