Home

What happened to the halftime show?

This is a discussion on What happened to the halftime show? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #1
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
What happened to the halftime show?

I remember back in the day nba2k used to have out of town scores during the halftime show in mygm mode. What happened to those? I'm not a big nba2k player, I only get the game every couple of years but I really miss those.

Also, there used to be previews of big games coming up in the league, those are gone too. They usually happened during the breaks between quarters.

Those things really added to the presentation and immersion factor of mygm mode and made the league feel more alive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to the halftime show?

The halftime show has been nerfed badly. I like Kenny, Shaq and Ernie but it is so shallow now. I actually liked it better with Damon Bruce. I want to see players highlighted and scores and news from around the NBA. Not only is that not mentioned anymore but it's not anywhere. There used to be on a little ticker at the bottom during halftime; even that is gone. It makes MyLeague feel so empty. Like your particular game is happening in a vacuum. Back in 2k7 they had "Kenny's Stamp of Approval" where Kenny spotlighted who was playing well or not. Little stuff like that goes a long way with me. If they aren't gonna expand on it I'd prefer they go back to how it was before.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
The halftime show has been nerfed badly. I like Kenny, Shaq and Ernie but it is so shallow now. I actually liked it better with Damon Bruce. I want to see players highlighted and scores and news from around the NBA. Not only is that not mentioned anymore but it's not anywhere. There used to be on a little ticker at the bottom during halftime; even that is gone. It makes MyLeague feel so empty. Like your particular game is happening in a vacuum. Back in 2k7 they had "Kenny's Stamp of Approval" where Kenny spotlighted who was playing well or not. Little stuff like that goes a long way with me. If they aren't gonna expand on it I'd prefer they go back to how it was before.
AGREED. nba 2k12 and I think 13 had the best halftime.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:05 AM   #4
Rookie

I don't even get halftime show anymore. Playing myleague and the only thing that shows up is the halftime stats graphic. That's it. No halftime show. Rarely see halftime interviews or end game interviews. No commentary banter about the teams either. It's just play by play. I used to have that before the patch, now.. Nothing. Wtf

Barebones indeed. Wtf happened to the presentation? It's all gone.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:13 PM   #5
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

It took up disc space needed for mypark dances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2016, 09:22 PM   #6
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

I have played maybe 50 games between MyGM, Play Now and Online. I have not seen Kenny,Ernie, and Shaq once in 2k17.

I thought I would get it if I played my televised matchups in MyGM but nope. It's just Chris Webber on commentary, but no halftime pre or post game show.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:47 PM   #7
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I have played maybe 50 games between MyGM, Play Now and Online. I have not seen Kenny,Ernie, and Shaq once in 2k17.

I thought I would get it if I played my televised matchups in MyGM but nope. It's just Chris Webber on commentary, but no halftime pre or post game show.
That must be a bug.. I've seen them in every mygm/league game ive played.. Im on xbone though.. I know in past years PS4 has had issues with halftime shows/replays player of the game etc...

To the original post though, I fully agree.. How in the world have we regressed from NFL2k2 days to what we have now? Like, that should not be a thing that happened in the space of 15 years, but it actually has. I want around the league highlights and top ten plays of the week etc in My GM/Myleague.. I understand it all takes resources, but seriously take some people off of the mypark stuff if you have to..
Old 10-31-2016, 09:44 AM   #8
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Would be nice if they could eventually patch in the ticker into the game, half-time, and post-game while giving the user the ability to choose to either have it show or not during gameplay. A small touch that can bring MyLeague/MyGm come alive on a night to night basis in 2k17. Imagine seeing at the bottom of the ticker that scorn Russ has 30 at halftime,in realtime, against the warriors during your own game would be awesome. Instead of only reading a tweet, after the game is done, on your calendar hub, every time...repetitive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »