Home

Beluba Update for green releases and shot timing.

This is a discussion on Beluba Update for green releases and shot timing. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:02 PM   #841
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Beluba Update for green releases and shot timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvNorfSida
Before the patch i could hit 3 out of 4 3s if I was wide open I'm a 6'4" point forward. Now I can barely hit 1 out of 4. I don't even care about scoring that's why I made a player with the HOF dimer so I can assist but not only can I not hit an open 3 but when I pass to some1 with HOF dimer after I've beaten my man off the dribble and the D collapses on me they should DEFINITELY hit that wide open shot. 2k rewards trash defense with missed wide open shots. It makes absolutely no sense. Slowed passes back down too. I have a wide open man on the wing because his guy is doubling me and I pass him the ball with my 94 passing ability and elite court vision only to throw a lob pass so high and slow that his man has time to get back and sometimes even defend the pass. COME ON 2K. The only thing I can do now effectively and consistently is set screens.
Slowed passes can be an issue, but no open shot should be a guaranteed make even if Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson is passing the ball to Steph Curry or Dennis Scott.

That is not "rewarding trash defense" that is playing a real game of basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2016, 10:19 PM   #842
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Slowed passes can be an issue, but no open shot should be a guaranteed make even if Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson is passing the ball to Steph Curry or Dennis Scott.

That is not "rewarding trash defense" that is playing a real game of basketball.
A REAL game of basketball doesn't have skilled sharpshooters missing wide open shots more consistently than hitting. Every1 knows 2ks shooting is flawed and they use that knowledge to their benefit. I have been watching basketball since the early 90s. I have never seen Ray, Reggie, J Starks or any other Sharpshooter I can think of repeatedly clanging wide open 3s (not contested wide open). As I said earlier I'm a playmaker so I understand my guy isn't hitting consistently like that BUT a wide open sharpshooter should. Not punishing a guy who roams the court not D'ing his man up is rewarding trash D. Also lets not forget were not playing play now or pro am mypark is basically nba jam with the boosts and park cards so don't hit me with the "REAL" basketball line like this is a SIM.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:24 PM   #843
MVP

Quote:
A REAL game of basketball doesn't have skilled sharpshooters missing wide open shots more consistently than hitting. Every1 knows 2ks shooting is flawed and they use that knowledge to their benefit. I have been watching basketball since the early 90s. I have never seen Ray, Reggie, J Starks or any other Sharpshooter I can think of repeatedly clanging wide open 3s (not contested wide open). As I said earlier I'm a playmaker so I understand my guy isn't hitting consistently like that BUT a wide open sharpshooter should. Not punishing a guy who roams the court not D'ing his man up is rewarding trash D. Also lets not forget were not playing play now or pro am mypark is basically nba jam with the boosts and park cards so don't hit me with the "REAL" basketball line like this is a SIM.
So on one hand you're using the real NBA to say sharpshooters don't miss, then follow it up saying MyPark, etc., aren't sim modes and NBA Jam anyway? Ok.

Stephen Curry just went 0/10 from 3 in a game this season by the way. I could cite a million more instances like this. But the thing is, you hit it spot on. The mode is NBA Jam so it is what it is. Might as well make open shots hit with 100% accuracy and let users create dudes who can make Michael Jordan look like a scrub with all their badges, boosts, etc.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #844
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Didnt Klay start this shooting 20% through the first 7-8 games? I think he was about 25% on wide open ones.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #845
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Didnt Klay start this shooting 20% through the first 7-8 games? I think he was about 25% on wide open ones.
We could cite stuff like that until we're blue in the face, but we're missing the point. The mode is now being looked at as NBA 2K Jam, and the players expect it to be that.

So as long as the other modes don't resemble that and stay "sim", it's all good, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2016, 10:55 PM   #846
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
There's so much wrong in this post. Kids don't know what actually happens in basketball anymore. All flash, no substance.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-13-2016, 10:58 PM   #847
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
There's so much wrong in this post.
There is. And that guy isn't a kid since he's citing '90s basketball. Funny he mentioned Starks, too. He must have forgotten about John Starks '94 Finals Game 7 performance.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #848
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
There is. And that guy isn't a kid since he's citing '90s basketball. Funny he mentioned Starks, too. He must have forgotten about John Starks '94 Finals Game 7 performance.
Yeah, I watched Primarily from Jordan's Exit through the bulls/Sonics playoff series. I was 7-11 during that period. Glued to the TV during the playoffs. Watched every game religiously. I don't remember starks being a "Knockdown" guy at all.

Even then the argument is easy: None of those guys career averages reflect his statement. If shooters were that consistent or at least as consistent as he claims then career averages would be high 70s, low 80s. That's absurd.

I hate the notion that park is supposed to be NBA Jam. It's not. It's always "looser" basketball. It's grounded in reality. I'm fine with % being upped in park to represent the loose feel, but it should never, ever ever, ever be Open=Auto Make, Contested=Auto Miss.

People miss open shots, People drain contested shots. It happens. You aren't being "punished" for getting a brick off a wide open look. Your reward was the Wide Open look off good ball movement to begin with. But wait, here comes the "It's a video game" argument, so let's kill that while we're here: 2k is a basketball simulation. It is made to try and create an accurate replica of real basketball. This includes street ball. Which is fancy basketball grounded in reality.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »