Home

Play Assignments: The thing 2k does wrong the best

This is a discussion on Play Assignments: The thing 2k does wrong the best within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #9
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Play Assignments: The thing 2k does wrong the best

stanley johnson ran over 100 pick and rolls as the ball handler and 70 isolations year yet his only play type is cutter..which he had 16 of
Old 10-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #10
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Didn't Beds get a job with them doing rosters?

What's sad is it takes them a year to develop this mess every year. Leads me to believe they take 6 months off, or it does take them a year, and they are just that bad. Either way isn't surprising.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:15 PM   #11
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Didn't Beds get a job with them doing rosters?

What's sad is it takes them a year to develop this mess every year. Leads me to believe they take 6 months off, or it does take them a year, and they are just that bad. Either way isn't surprising.

He got the job yes. But me thinks, doing a personal roster with the freedom to do it and rste as you please as a gamer is totally different than it is as an employee of 2k if you can dig what im saying. The game changes when you have to answer to people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #12
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
stanley johnson ran over 100 pick and rolls as the ball handler and 70 isolations year yet his only play type is cutter..which he had 16 of
I will say using the particular intel that you are using to gather play type info will not be accurate (not that 2k hit the nail on the head or anything), but what plays are labeled as in 2k are misleading and you can't simply use NBA.com's play type stats to determine what it needs to be in game. You have to know what the game reads each play type as in actuality and what is in the playbook.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #13
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
He got the job yes. But me thinks, doing a personal roster with the freedom to do it and rste as you please as a gamer is totally different than it is as an employee of 2k if you can dig what im saying. The game changes when you have to answer to people.

I understand that, but at the same time it's just silly. It seems like guys get jobs, then they are completely silent (possibly a contract thing) and the game isn't really any better. Obviously this year it's regressed, but it's not like the rosters went from poop to awesome. They have been and still are poop. Arbitrary ratings, tendencies, badges and plays.

Some tendencies both roster edits and sliders, literally do nothing. I have noticed that shot contest does absolutely nothing. In the NBA guys contest/jump all the time. It's how guys get good looks. Pass to an open guy = head fake and then either drive, dish or shoot. In this years game the only time the cpu jumps is when you're in the paint or actually shooting. I have edited rosters with contest at 100 and the slider at 100 - not a single bite on a head fake unless you're in the pain or actually taking a shot. You can be Steph, wiiiiide open, already popped 4 three pointers and the defender coming to you will not even think about jumping unless you are actually shooting. I saw my first bite today. I was stoked, but then 2 defenders warped to me and bumped me off my dribble, so I shut the garbage off. It's unrealistic to never see guys jumping unless the guy actually shooting. How can they be that good at knowing what's a fake and what's a shot? It would open up the game a lot more. Test it and you'll see. What's the point of an attribute if it does nothing but actually ruin realism?
Old 10-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #14
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I understand that, but at the same time it's just silly. It seems like guys get jobs, then they are completely silent (possibly a contract thing) and the game isn't really any better. Obviously this year it's regressed, but it's not like the rosters went from poop to awesome. They have been and still are poop. Arbitrary ratings, tendencies, badges and plays.

Some tendencies both roster edits and sliders, literally do nothing. I have noticed that shot contest does absolutely nothing. In the NBA guys contest/jump all the time. It's how guys get good looks. Pass to an open guy = head fake and then either drive, dish or shoot. In this years game the only time the cpu jumps is when you're in the paint or actually shooting. I have edited rosters with contest at 100 and the slider at 100 - not a single bite on a head fake unless you're in the pain or actually taking a shot. You can be Steph, wiiiiide open, already popped 4 three pointers and the defender coming to you will not even think about jumping unless you are actually shooting. I saw my first bite today. I was stoked, but then 2 defenders warped to me and bumped me off my dribble, so I shut the garbage off. It's unrealistic to never see guys jumping unless the guy actually shooting. How can they be that good at knowing what's a fake and what's a shot? It would open up the game a lot more. Test it and you'll see. What's the point of an attribute if it does nothing but actually ruin realism?

Not saying this is the correct way to look at the Contest Rating, but do you think the lower the Contest i dividual rating the more apt the defender is to biting on a head fake? Meaning the higher the contest rating the better the player would be at closing out or contesting straight up? Also would On Ball D IQ play a role in biting on head fakes? Could be a situatiin where 2k simply doesn't have it implemented correctly kind of like the "charge" call or lack thereof.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:05 PM   #15
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Not saying this is the correct way to look at the Contest Rating, but do you think the lower the Contest i dividual rating the more apt the defender is to biting on a head fake? Meaning the higher the contest rating the better the player would be at closing out or contesting straight up? Also would On Ball D IQ play a role in biting on head fakes? Could be a situatiin where 2k simply doesn't have it implemented correctly kind of like the "charge" call or lack thereof.

Possibly. However even if you're correct, that doesn't explain the lack of bites unless you're legit shooting or in the paint. Just another thing they ruined this year. When 2K16 makes it look good - you know it's bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #16
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11

my favorites though are bigs who cant dribble yet have 99 setup with size up,
I noticed this, but how many times have you seen a Tyson Chandler type use a size up? I don't think I ever have.

What I'm saying is that the tendencies are one thing, but we have very little idea how they impact payer behaviour.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »