Home

Best Nba 2k17 Youtuber to follow..

This is a discussion on Best Nba 2k17 Youtuber to follow.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best Nba 2k17 Youtuber to follow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
If you want tips, Sam Pham is one of, if not the best to watch. If you want entertainment and someone who isn't cheesy, personally I like Smoove.
His tips doesn't work for me, I guess I play agaisnt advanced players. But I respect him for trying to help out others getting better.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:44 PM   #10
QNo
MVP

Just watched a video from the Mr NBA 2k17 guy and there are several settings he doesn't understand and explains the wrong way. Recommending force middle in conjunction with Ice PnR defense is also pretty hilarious. The idea behind his GSW scheme is actually sensible and I would have the same general gameplan, but I find it hard to take advice on settings from someone who doesn't understand what half of them do.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:22 AM   #11
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke11
Any know any good MyGM/MyLeague series? Preferably one with emphasis on gameplay and not just 'rebuilding'.
AeriosSportsNetwork has a Seattle Sonics MyLeague series and it's really good. He has Sportscenter/ESPN styled graphics and provides excellent narration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #12
Banned

Sam Pham makes the game seem like a military operation 😂

Way too much analysis. I just like to play and have fun and I still win most of the time.

I mainly watch Chris Smoove as I class this game as entertainment and not a job.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:17 AM   #13
Rookie

Schrankwand's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke11
Any know any good MyGM/MyLeague series? Preferably one with emphasis on gameplay and not just 'rebuilding'.
AFunkyDiabetic.

Underrated. Good dude and he keeps it real with his commentary.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:22 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
If you want tips, Sam Pham is one of, if not the best to watch. If you want entertainment and someone who isn't cheesy, personally I like Smoove.
My issue with Sam Pham is that he's like a college professor. Talks about all this theory and it all sounds sophisticated and good, but where are his videos of actually testing out his theories/strategies? He'll post gameplay vs random online people, but there's no context for how good his opponents are, he doesn't show you his record online, he doesn't get to the top seeds in MyTeam or PlayNow Online and play people to prove his strategies are effective. Anyone can invent a 2K strategy and cherry pick plays vs opponents where it appears to be effective, but we need to see how it works over the course of an ENTIRE game versus good opponents.

I've been waiting for like a year for Sam Pham to do something like this but he hasn't, and because of that I've stopped watching his videos. I've tested out some of his offensive schemes and plays in my Online League games and they're just okay strategies. They're really no better than a pick and roll/penetrate and kick out offense. Until he posts some videos where he proves his theories out, it's all just 2K ASMR videos for NBA purists, not really for showing you how to get better at the game.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:36 AM   #15
Rookie

So far chris smoove was the best imo. He has skill and high basketball iq. Entertaining too. Not cheese at all

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #16
Rookie

Conspiculous's Arena

If you're looking for someone who is goofy and acts like a fool, Cashnastygaming. He streams on twitch and uploads on YT. Also Prettyboyfredo and JessertheLazer are some good ones too.
6'8 SF 81 Overall Two-Way Slasher
Active Daily on 2K, I play 2s, 3s & Walk-on.
If you're active and would like to run Park or Walk-on Shoot me a PSN Message and we can get some games in.
PSN: Carrboys

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »