Home

Wait...2K has the rights to Chris Webber? Where the hell are the 02 Kings???

This is a discussion on Wait...2K has the rights to Chris Webber? Where the hell are the 02 Kings??? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 05:33 PM   #9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Wait...2K has the rights to Chris Webber? Where the hell are the 02 Kings???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
someone else can chime in, but i think he only agreed to be "on the court" in NBA 2k12. Which I cherish that game because I loved my 2002 Kings also. He only agreed to do commentary this time around, not be a player on the court. It probably required more money or he just refused. I remember when Kareem was only in 12 then he came back (i think in 15?). Barkley was the opposite. He's on the game, but wanted no part of the commentary/announcer team. It's not a big deal to me now, we have very good creations of him with the creation feature and roster sharing, and the commentators and PA announcer calls out his name, I think most players that were removed are kind of hidden somewhat in the game. Do a search on 2002 Kings and you'll find a dang good find in the roster share for the beloved team.
A lot of people like to say we have roster creator so it's OK. No its not! Last year was the first year since they were in the league I got to play with the 2004 Suns. And I had a blast! So that I could whoop the Warriors and Cavs *** with the Kings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Wait...2K has the rights to Chris Webber? Where the hell are the 02 Kings???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
A lot of people like to say we have roster creator so it's OK. No its not! Last year was the first year since they were in the league I got to play with the 2004 Suns. And I had a blast! So that I could whoop the Warriors and Cavs *** with the Kings.

Yeah. I don't care about playing against the AI. I want to use the Kings against other users. They need to be an official part of the game for that to happen.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #11
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
This is not true. 2K is selling MyTeam packs right now with Chris Webber as a playable card. They have his rights as a player.
Good find. Had no idea. Now I have no clue. But like other guy said above, must be different rights. If the rest of the guys are in the game collectively couldn't you copy him to the team by just creating a team from scratch? Or won't it allowed you to do that

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #12
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Barkley aside (only signed on as a member of the Dream team), if 2K has the rights to a player, they have them, period. The only reason they limit many of their classic players to MyTeam is to sell more VC.

2K could put the 2002 Kings in this game. They're choosing not to.
They might be missing lot of bench guys too? Just thinking out loud

Either case, thank goodness for roster sharing

Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #13
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

When I need to get my fix, I just play NBA 2K12 LOL.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:44 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
They might be missing lot of bench guys too? Just thinking out loud

Either case, thank goodness for roster sharing

So are half of the classic teams.

2K has the rights to Webber, Bibby, Peja, Christie, Divac, Jackson and Turkoglu. That's the top 7 guys. What the hell else do you need??? You going to tell me they can't include the 2002 Kings because they can't land Scott Pollard or Lawrence Fundeburke? No one would care about that!
Old 10-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Barkley aside (only signed on as a member of the Dream team), if 2K has the rights to a player, they have them, period. The only reason they limit many of their classic players to MyTeam is to sell more VC.

How do you know this? Barkley limited the way 2k could use him in the game....why couldnt Webber?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #16
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

You cant just say 'Barkley aside' to prove your point though.

He made a conscious decision not be be playable otherwise because of his beliefs...So no, 2k doesnt just automatically own your personal rights to use however they feel if you dont agree. The reason Chris Webber osnt playable this year is likely the same reason he decided to pull out after 2K12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »