Home

Fast Break Big Man AI

This is a discussion on Fast Break Big Man AI within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Fast Break Big Man AI

Is anyone else noticing big men leading the break (non draymond, blake etc) that shouldnt be after rebounding the ball. It seems as if they will rebound the ball and if they dont decide to dribble past halfcourt they will only pass it to the other big man running down the middle of the floor. If this is a pattern outside of my own game, I wonder if this was 2K's solution to all of the pull up transition 3s.

Ask you guys to pay attention to this if you can. If it is a problem maybe we can get them to add it as something to fix in the next patch. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2016, 12:16 PM   #2
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Re: Fast Break Big Man AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
Is anyone else noticing big men leading the break (non draymond, blake etc) that shouldnt be after rebounding the ball. It seems as if they will rebound the ball and if they dont decide to dribble past halfcourt they will only pass it to the other big man running down the middle of the floor. If this is a pattern outside of my own game, I wonder if this was 2K's solution to all of the pull up transition 3s.

Ask you guys to pay attention to this if you can. If it is a problem maybe we can get them to add it as something to fix in the next patch. Thanks

Tolliver in Sacramento Kings (PF) acts like a Point Guard and bring the ball himself to the other court, every time he gets the rebound. "No, can't share this thing."
Old 10-31-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

To Be honest Fast breaks in general are not done very well in this game. you still have an instance where (Using the Raptors) running the break with Klow pushing the ball and Demar on the wing. Now if you follow basketball you know Demar doesn't take a lot if any three's its strictly to the basket....no in 2K...he slowly drifts to the 3pt line when if he was cutting to the basket its either a hoop or foul.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
To Be honest Fast breaks in general are not done very well in this game. you still have an instance where (Using the Raptors) running the break with Klow pushing the ball and Demar on the wing. Now if you follow basketball you know Demar doesn't take a lot if any three's its strictly to the basket....no in 2K...he slowly drifts to the 3pt line when if he was cutting to the basket its either a hoop or foul.
I had Dunn running with Lavine & Wiggins. Instead of filling the lanes, both dudes went to spot up on a 3 on 1 break SMH
Old 10-31-2016, 11:18 PM   #5
Rookie

It is a problem with Fast Break AI in general. For me, every CPU thinks he is Curry, and he has a licence to shoot pull-up 3s on a fast break, no matter the numbers on either side. This is especially true of any Stretch Bigs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 08:01 PM   #6
Banned

in a 2v1 fb, my teammate will not run the correct lane to the basket and instead CUT INTO my lane while running to the 3 point line.

i have a video of this that i'll post later or tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »