Home

Speed difference

This is a discussion on Speed difference within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 02:04 AM   #9
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Speed difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
No, I believe he's saying that when a CPU defender needs to do something to stop your fast break, they'll do it. Regardless of if it's realistic or not. When saying "legacy issue," he's saying that it has been an issue in the game for years.
Exactly this.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:44 AM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I think part of it is the awkward transition from recieving the ball to actually taking off. Fast breaks feel great when your guy receives the ball on the move, but sometimes he'll catch the ball and turn slowly to take off. By that time the D is back.

In terms of actual speed, I feel fast guys are suitably faster but it can be hard to tell.

I looked in one of my YT vids. Go to 0.13. Notice how Rivers puts space between him and Jefferson when they both seem to take off at the same point.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:04 AM   #11
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I think part of it is the awkward transition from recieving the ball to actually taking off. Fast breaks feel great when your guy receives the ball on the move, but sometimes he'll catch the ball and turn slowly to take off. By that time the D is back.

In terms of actual speed, I feel fast guys are suitably faster but it can be hard to tell.

I looked in one of my YT vids. Go to 0.13. Notice how Rivers puts space between him and Jefferson when they both seem to take off at the same point.

Idk. To me it looks like Jefferson would catch up if the court is longer. It looks like there is seperation in the beginning but Jefferson catches up soon in full sprint running the same speed as Rivers or even faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 03:32 AM   #12
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

I think if you put an average big guy (Favors eg) against an average little guy (Deron Williams eg) in a full court sprint (especially if the little guy had to dribble a ball) I don't think the difference would be much at all, once they both got into full stride.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:46 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

From :04 to :05 you see Austin Rivers make a momentum move forward tp start sprinting while the defender just sorts of turns quickly and is already at a fast sprint. Not to mention that in that situation the defender would most likely either just give up or at the very least, by the time they turn around would not be able to sprint like they do in this video. IMO.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:51 AM   #14
Rookie

ddurrrr's Arena

Quote:
I think if you put an average big guy (Favors eg) against an average little guy (Deron Williams eg) in a full court sprint (especially if the little guy had to dribble a ball) I don't think the difference would be much at all, once they both got into full stride.
Maybe I can agree with that. But my biggest problem is when big men catch up from behind and there is contact and the ballhandler slows down drastically. Looks like the big is holding him. It should be a foul or the ballhandler shouldn't be affected by it. Can this be changed with sliders? Maybe hustle slider?
Old 11-03-2016, 04:06 AM   #15
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

Damn Dirk I really want the copy of 2K17 you have lol. I'll never understand grown men damage controlling for multi billion dollar companies online. I get defending other issues with this game but man damage controlling this one is just odd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 04:10 AM   #16
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
Damn Dirk I really want the copy of 2K17 you have lol. I'll never understand grown men damage controlling for multi billion dollar companies online. I get defending other issues with this game but man damage controlling this one is just odd.
Do you have something to contribute to the thread other than a personal reference?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »