Home

How to drive to the basket against CPU?

This is a discussion on How to drive to the basket against CPU? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to drive to the basket against CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPeak
Because when I do, it either ends up as a turnover or ball picked up after driving left/right.

I'm not your usual park player, sometimes I just want to drive like how guys like Tracy McGrady or Kobe used to drive w/ no crossover, hesitation -- sometimes you're just able to beat your man on the first step pre-dribble or not. Out of 100 attempts, 'was only able to drive twice successfully. A simple between the legs even won't do it anymore for me.

Between the leg (left leg) then cross drive to the right (ala Lebron), gets stopped by Will Barton, & now Lebron picked up his dribble & passed it elsewhere. I experimented w/ 0 body-up sensitivity & it's the same thing, unless I'm doing it wrong?

I gave up on beating my man to first step 1v1 & just refer to PNR somewhat every play. I use the set 'flow' so I get my joy out of that, but it's starting to feel unrealistic not being able to simply drive to the basket traditionally.

This is all done in MyGM.

I could use some help, guys. Thanks.
Some good advice in here already, 1 thing I can add is try playing around with the Driving Contact Shot frequency and Inside Shot Contact frequency sliders. On Superstar default it's pretty easy to blow by defenders and it's set at 50. I play with it around 70 or 80 to lower field goal percentages but if u want some blow by ability I'd say stay between 50 and 60 and u should get more realistic results when subpar defenders are on good slashers.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I see, now it all makes sense. Thank you for all the helpful tips. I will definitely work on it.

Thank you, thank you.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #11
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Run plays that spread the floor.

Use dribble hand offs. Multiple in one possession.

Call for screens in different parts of the floor taking note of the scheme the CPU is showing.
I don't see people talking about DHO's much, not nearly as much as they talk about user PnR. But they are very handy and I'm guessing under utilized.

They are helpful with a spread floor for creating open looks off the dribble, even if there's not always a lane to get to the hoop.

They're also handy when you're bumped inside the perimeter and have to pick up your dribble. Initiating a handoff bailout can frequently create some teammate movement around the ball so that once you hand the ball off there's a fair chance of an open shot one pass away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 09:56 PM   #12
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Absolutely. Last year sometimes the receiever would go in front of the guy handing it off and that would junk it up. This year they run very well. You can really get a 2 man going with them.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:05 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

I've found to help with this I've made the following adjustments..
(Superstar)
Game Speed 49
User/CPU
Body Up- 0/0
Driving Contact- 0/0
Acceleration- 55/47
Speed- 50/45
On-Ball- 20/30
Lateral Movement- 2/2

The remainder of the sliders I use Simworld. I just make these adjustments for User vs CPU experience.

Last edited by ch46647; 11-11-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 4

Would love to know also. I gave up on driving into the lane.

If Vip worked on pc, it would be %80 open shots and 20 post moves.

Its extremely easy in transistion, but non existent in my half court game. Plays take to long to start. 7 seconds for off ball picks to set.

One thing I noticed earlier, layup animations start really early if you have an angle without help defense. I use Paul George alot and can get to the rim without issue if I have a little bit of light.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:31 PM   #15
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Drop the body up sensitivity slider right down. It helps a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 10:33 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I don't see people talking about DHO's much, not nearly as much as they talk about user PnR. But they are very handy and I'm guessing under utilized.

They are helpful with a spread floor for creating open looks off the dribble, even if there's not always a lane to get to the hoop.

They're also handy when you're bumped inside the perimeter and have to pick up your dribble. Initiating a handoff bailout can frequently create some teammate movement around the ball so that once you hand the ball off there's a fair chance of an open shot one pass away.
Dribble hand-offs are definitely under-utilized. Out of many games online since they were implemented I don't think I've seen a single one run by another user.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »