Home

Fastbreaks HAVE to be fixed

This is a discussion on Fastbreaks HAVE to be fixed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-13-2016, 04:17 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Fastbreaks HAVE to be fixed

Hey guys, wanted to see if this worked with anyone else, but I've been double tapping turbo during fastbreaks and it has significantly improved my ability to outrun the CPU on the break.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by de_jesus; 11-13-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
Hey guys, wanted to see if this worked woth anyone else, but Ive been double tapping turbo during fastbreaks and itnhas significantly improved my ability to outrun the CPU.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I started to press and hold turbo lightly. It could be a placebo but it does seem to work. Using that technique has also seemed to improve my half court drives.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:13 AM   #35
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Yup...pointed this out months ago. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...astbreaks.html

I'm chilling until its fixed.

0. players don't run lanes.
1. bumping/grabbing.
2. catch up speed.
3. blocks from set defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2016, 03:23 AM   #36
Rookie

meccs's Arena

It's not just on fast breaks though, it's everywhere. Drummond runs me down from a pick as a 95 speed PG. The CPU is cheating at every corner.

It's always funny when you have a defender right behind you and you suddenly slow down which in reality would only be possible when he grabs you. The gameplay in general feels way too "sticky".
Old 11-14-2016, 06:19 AM   #37
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

Funny to see all this because the response to CPU cheese in the past was "adjust the sliders." Glad to see that more people are seeing that this is a legacy issue that is simply unacceptable for a "sim" basketball game.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:53 AM   #38
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I tend to want to try things out. But after a few months now. I think it's too bad. I've posted many examples from 2k16. Of when a break would happen. How much fear you should be put into the defense. But this year is really really getting worst and worst. We should just go back to the old running style for the cpu and fill the lanes. And if we want a 3. We lead pass them to the outside. I can't even run give and go anymore because the CPU from behind.

James Worthy would of been held from behind in 2k17. Notice how I slow down in 2k16 so that Worthy can join the break. Putting even more pressure on the defender. After I pass in 2k17 Scott would try to go to the corner instead of filling in the empty lane.
I've never fully agreed with most peoples criticism of 2k's fast breaks....I thought they always did a great job of having team mates correctly filling lanes...

I can't believe thats gone man. Then to pour salt in the wound, guys can make you stumble from impossible angles. Definitely frustrating.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:04 AM   #39
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I've never fully agreed with most peoples criticism of 2k's fast breaks....I thought they always did a great job of having team mates correctly filling lanes...

I can't believe thats gone man. Then to pour salt in the wound, guys can make you stumble from impossible angles. Definitely frustrating.
I was shocked to see people complaining aboit the fastbreak logic last year. I could attack the rim on a 2 on 1 fastbreak or manually lead pass my teammate to the corner for the three. I thought the fastbreaks in 16 were beautiful.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #40
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I was shocked to see people complaining aboit the fastbreak logic last year. I could attack the rim on a 2 on 1 fastbreak or manually lead pass my teammate to the corner for the three. I thought the fastbreaks in 16 were beautiful.
Transition defense was terrible last year. Therefore, I will take this year's transition game over last year's.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »