Home

Interesting Nostalgic 2K11 Video

This is a discussion on Interesting Nostalgic 2K11 Video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #9
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting Nostalgic 2K11 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
The issues on 2k11 were numberous, but comparing 5yr old positive memories to fresh negative ones will always create a slant. Great game non-the-less
The biggest thing that he mentioned was how the game made you FEEL when you played it. You're right. You can't compare it to a newer game due to the changes in technology and features over time. However, when you think about how you felt when you played it, it does changes the perspective a little bit.

In hindsight, it was the less frustrating game to play, and I loved playing it when I had it. Using my W/L record from that time, I haven't came close to playing as many games since. I think I had 450+ online games in when i was done playing it. Hell, I remember when I use to play it all day on either Saturday or Sunday. Started playing in the morning, then I would play until it was time to go to bed.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:35 PM   #10
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting Nostalgic 2K11 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I really miss that VIP system. I was playing NBA 2K12 all the way up to this past August (I know, I know) and the VIP system is one of the things that kept me going. I loved knowing that even my Quick Games were working toward something; namely, my continuous stats and averages. Moreover, the opportunity to break my own personal records in major categories always kept me coming back (ex: my individual scoring high was 58 points with Vince Carter).

VIP was definitely a feature that I figured would be totally evolved and incredibly in-depth at this point. Bummed I don't have that type of thing this year.

Speaking of VIP-related 2K stuff, I also always thought NFL 2K5 had hit on something pretty awesome when they offered individual player trophies in The Crib. That is, for one player from every single NFL team, there'd be an in-game goal unique to their skills and abilities (ex: pass for four touchdowns and run for two with Donovan McNabb).

I thought that was such a simple and rewarding way to encourage gamers to keep coming back for more, all while using a diverse set of teams and players. NBA 2K used to have a few Achievements like that but now those are gone, too.

Here's a look at the NFL ones at 3:08 below:

And now we got this BS for a VIP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »