Home

I thought this year "stick skills matter".

This is a discussion on I thought this year "stick skills matter". within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2016, 10:03 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I thought this year "stick skills matter".

So far pro am hasn't changed since this year came out. 2 glass cleaners setting screens for 3 wings who can all shoot the lights out. And the park is just a bunch of half court shots.

Can't really speak for PNO or my league. But this is probably the most casual and LEAST skills needed to be good at this game ever.

The 3 point contest that is the park has always been that way. But this year that contest is pushing the half court line. So what? Next year people gonna be throwing up full court shots?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: I thought this year "stick skills matter".

I feel you it's quite sad the state of this game. Devs did a poor job. Far from a simulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #3
Pro

A lot of guards can't dribble at all this year hence the constant screens and ton of left/right movement ESPECIALLY PRO-AM players. People have just found an alternative play style which is completely trash IMO but unfortunately it can be effective. On top of that there is no penalty for the left/right this year. Last year it was slowed down a lot when patch 3 dropped. It seems like its back to normal in 2k17.

I dunno how to embed links on the forums but here's a Prime Example. Screen defense was
Absolutely terrible but this is what you see from a lot of guards and wing players in pro am.

https://twitter.com/pvogamingtv/status/802998802126929920

Last edited by Korrupted; 11-28-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #4
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I told people about this very early on It might have been days after the release. But zag zip is real. It might be a different form of it. But it's basically the same thing. It's probably why I haven't been playing this year like I was last year. I feel like I'm playing 2k15 again. Players don't lose the ball like their suppose to on contact.

My problem with the skill matter thing is the stick vs the button. I feel like more people are successfully using the button then the stick. That's been my feeling with offline games.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #5
Banned

yeah they are right back to cuddling the lowest common denominator. too busy caring about trash after dark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
Rookie

reduce 3 point % by 20% across the board

don't allow people to shoot with any dribble, the same as they do standing still off a catch

dribbling around should tire you out, and reduce your shot %, even without turbo IMO

that should sort most problems out
Old 11-28-2016, 04:21 PM   #7
Banned

jax01's Arena

agree. this year badges > skills. NBA 2K17 went full-arcade with the addition of HOF shooting badges. You never go full-arcade.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #8
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

The left-right is an issue that has been solved once (or twice/thrice) before, but for some reason comes back with a vengeance still. It also didn't help when moving screens were never called before patches (and still sometimes they don't get called properly imo). I personally knew there was something wrong with the dribbling itself whenever I attempted to chain a dribble move to a basic sizeup (or rhythm dribble in MC) and the follow-up dribble was not inputting properly. So instead of doing a sizeup and connecting it with a crossover, it was actually doing a hesitation for some reason. There is a strange inversion on the dribbling controls while in a sizeup animation at times, but only on the x-axis (left and right on thumbstick). Even outside of sizeups, trying to get by a defender with dribble moves just simply does not work too good, which is why you see more and more dribble spam than ever this year. All in all, any progress they have made with dribbling in the past few years and overlapped it in an attempt to stop exploits. The problem is how simple they made dribbling. Though it is welcome for newer players, the amount of possible moves have actually gone down since they switched to the right stick. Now they are in such an awkward position where no matter what they do, they will have to fix something else and may possible bring to the surface a new mistake in their animations. It's a constant circle of bugs which, in 2K community terms, means one cheese will get patched, leading to more cheese getting discovered. Every game has its imperfections, NBA 2K or any game will never be an exception to that. However, NBA 2K's imperfections have been sticking out like a sore thumb these last few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »