Home

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List

This is a discussion on Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2016, 05:53 AM   #57
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List

MyLeague Coaches:

The one thing we can't control in 2k17 is where Coaches go. I see way too many coaches on good teams leaving after one season to go coach somewhere else. For example Steve Kerr somehow ended up as Cleveland's coach after one season. It doesn't make any sense. I want Coach signing approval or control.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2016, 06:35 AM   #58
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
MyLeague Coaches:

The one thing we can't control in 2k17 is where Coaches go. I see way too many coaches on good teams leaving after one season to go coach somewhere else. For example Steve Kerr somehow ended up as Cleveland's coach after one season. It doesn't make any sense. I want Coach signing approval or control.

Yes! I ended up doing 30 team control this year just for that. After the 1st season coaches are all over the place. I kinda like controlling where the real assistant coaches go. I hate the generics for some strange reason. 2K does a good job with the player contracts, year wise. Don't know what's up with the coaches. I think coaches overall need to be more in depth.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:20 AM   #59
mqt
Rookie

Speaking of coaches, I'd still like to see some more improvements on differentiating coaches/staff and giving them real strengths and weaknesses. Two letter grades for offense and defense or scouting and trades just doesn't provide the ability to give a team an identity through a staff.

I'm also endlessly confused still about the presence of GMs in the staff hiring pool, but I don't think it's something that needs to be addressed.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #60
Rookie

dsj914's Arena

OVR: 1

I think the top priority has to be around progression/regression and potential. As mentioned earlier, there is no way to look at a player (especially a rookie) and say Rookie A will max at 92 while Rookie B will max at 81. In reality, every player has the potential to be 99, just as every player has the potential to be out of a job if they don't produce (with the exception of proven superstars).

Obviously progression/regression should be dynamic but so should potential ratings. There is no perfect statistic to determine how great a player is, but we do have advanced statistics such as Efficiency Ratings and Game Scores. Thus, as a start, potential ratings could be determined by one of those statistics and change each year to reflect actual production (after all, the NBA is a "what have you done for me lately" league - with the exception of Kobe).

This is a system that I have incorporated in MyLeague and it has been phenomenal. Late first round picks develop into All-Stars while some lottery players end up out of the league by year 3 (which is great because it happens often).

I have a thread on the specifics of how I set this up:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ld-played.html

Below is an example of how an Eff Rating would affect potential.
Hopefully we can get a patch for this in 2K17 but it must be addressed in 2K18 if the game is supposed to reflect the actual NBA.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2k17_Potential_Scale.PNG (12.1 KB, 154 views)
Old 12-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #61
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
MyLeague Coaches:

Actually, there is a way to control where coaches go.

Spoilering since it semi off-topic
Spoiler

With that said I would love a "force coach to sign here" option and would love an in-depth coach/staff creator with a share feature even more. I would also like to see the "coaching carousel" evolve a bit more since it hasn't changed in a while. I wouldn't mind coaches having more personality when looking for new jobs either. Let things like Coaching a good team, location/hometown, loyalty, coach former team, etc. play into their decision.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2016, 09:51 PM   #62
Rookie

faiz_reds's Arena

In mygm, allow us to assign the trainer to auto set the training intensity base on players fitness.
Its become annoying to deal with player complained about training intensity.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:24 AM   #63
Just started!

For NBA 2K18 Wish List Beside What's Posted Above Would Like On NBA 2K Website To Upload Picture Would Like The Size In Pixel For The Width I Have Been Struggling To Post The Arena Logo It Says It Got To BE 2:1 But I Don't Understand What Size It Got To Be
Old 12-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #64
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Being able to practise inbounds plays within the mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »