Home

How many games per season

This is a discussion on How many games per season within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2016, 04:49 AM   #9
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How many games per season

All games. 12 minutes bump the speed to 70, and mostly quit sometime in the 2nd half.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:07 AM   #10
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I play every sixth game. I play on six minute quarters because it makes it easy to understand as the stats are doubled when adjusted. I have an expansion team, the St Louis spirit. Just about to start season two, finished with 37 wins in season one.
I'm the same way with 6 min quarters and the stats. It's not 100% sim, but I take players out early and don't mass sub when I can. I play 29 games. I get to play each team once which is enough for me. I could play more games or minutes but I really like progressing a team over the years, and playing this way has gotten me through so many seasons. I've seen all kinds of change in free agency, I've gotten to the point on some 2k's where I make my own draft classes and the league is 100% fictional with everyone retiring. It's pretty interesting.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 12-10-2016, 10:05 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I'm the same way with 6 min quarters and the stats. It's not 100% sim, but I take players out early and don't mass sub when I can. I play 29 games. I get to play each team once which is enough for me. I could play more games or minutes but I really like progressing a team over the years, and playing this way has gotten me through so many seasons. I've seen all kinds of change in free agency, I've gotten to the point on some 2k's where I make my own draft classes and the league is 100% fictional with everyone retiring. It's pretty interesting.
Me too. Progressing through many years is the whole point of playing franchise mode in sports games to me. Having a wife and kids I have limited time so it makes sense to sim a lot of games. It means I can't win championships every year based on button mashing. I have to build a team that can win sim games also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #12
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

Every game.... HOF.... 8min quarters.
I do 8 min quarters so the team averages around 100-110 ppg, so the stats are more realistic.
I really don't see the point in playing 12 min quarters and having your team average 200ppg or something ridiculous.... seems stupid to me.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
I actually have a great method for playing games in My GM and My League. I only play the televised games and I simcast all of the others. Then if the game is close I will intervene the game near the end. It's a great way to play because you don't get a lot of televised games when playing with a bad team. So your rebuilding years go by somewhat fast. But when you're a good team you will get more televised games and you can play a lot more games during your good years! I'm currently playing with the Brooklyn Nets so of course I don't have too many nationally televised games through the year. I'm nearing the end of my 2nd season right now and we're in a pretty tight playoff race. So we're having a lot of televised games right now. I've probably played about 35 games combined in two seasons. But I've participated via simcast in about 70 games. It's a great way to keep things fresh and immerse yourself into your league.

I play 12 min quarters btw

Where can you see if games are televised?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #14
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlocked
Where can you see if games are televised?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a white TV logo on the game on the calendar.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

I play 1 or 2 games a season on 10 min qts

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 03:12 AM   #16
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Does anyone know if player progression in MyGM/MyLeague on shorter seasons (58,29,14) is adjusted to match the season length or do players progress as if they played a full season? I always play 12min but 82 games is very time consuming so Id like to go at least for 58 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »