Home

Lateral Defensive Speed Makes Sharpshooters OP

This is a discussion on Lateral Defensive Speed Makes Sharpshooters OP within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2016, 10:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lateral Defensive Speed Makes Sharpshooters OP

7'3 Stretch Bigs are faster with the ball than any other big man that will guard him.

It is ridiculous.

They don't even do anything special. They just zig zag.

I have 50 lateral quickness and they have 38 speed with the ball and they are faster than me

2K needs to fix this in their next game.

Defensive players are faster than players with the ball in real life. 7'3 players aren't moving faster with the ball on the perimeter like Stephen Curry, doing hopstep jump shots off the dribble.

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 12-19-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Lateral Defensive Speed Makes Sharpshooters OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
7'3 Stretch Bigs are faster with the ball than any other big man that will guard him.

It is ridiculous.

They don't even do anything special. They just zig zag.

I have 50 lateral quickness and they have 38 speed with the ball and they are faster than me

2K needs to fix this in their next game.

Defensive players are faster than players with the ball in real life. 7'3 players aren't moving faster with the ball on the perimeter like Stephen Curry, doing hopstep jump shots off the dribble.
I've noticed some stretch bigs that have totally overpowered stepbacks. I've also noticed that if you use too much turbo on the perimeter, it is easy to over commit, but I'm a 6'6 playmaker, so I can get away with not using much turbo.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
I've noticed some stretch bigs that have totally overpowered stepbacks. I've also noticed that if you use too much turbo on the perimeter, it is easy to over commit, but I'm a 6'6 playmaker, so I can get away with not using much turbo.
As a LDD, the over commiting trying to keep up with the zig zag is ridiculous along with the over powered screens, blocks and steals not functioning properly.... Defense needs a boost, or more appropriately LDDs need a boost.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #4
MVP

...wow, is this really how far this place is falling? What's next? "Turning the PS4/Xbox One on makes Sharpshooters OP"?
Old 12-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #5
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
...wow, is this really how far this place is falling? What's next? "Turning the PS4/Xbox One on makes Sharpshooters OP"?
I think the problem is not the archetype but defense still feels like ice skates and screens being too powerful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #6
Rookie

I am confused because title says SS and post complains of SB. As a 6'11/7' bigs, I cant wait to be guarding a stretch big. I cant remember the last time one scored over 10 points on me. I use GC and LDD bigs.

I really dont have a tough time with SS on my other characters either. Through 400 pro am team and walk on games, for the most part if u just stay on your man they will be under control.

Now if you have incompetant teammates that tempt you to try and help them too much they can get away from you because one slip up and its a green light.

Everyone is different but for me, playmakers, shot creators and point forwards are hardest to guard because of artificial ankle breaker animation and 6'10 guys with 88 speed w ball.

Before you say, oh youre a SS... I have PM, SC, SS, GC, 2xLDD, PS, and slashers. I prefer GC or PF LDD.

I will say the SS is the easiest if your man leaves you open, i have more 50 point games with my SS than the rest combined 5 times over. But i get A+ easiest on Bigs. I guess depends what youre looking for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »