Home

Can someone please start up a petition for Charles Barkley to be in nba 2k18

This is a discussion on Can someone please start up a petition for Charles Barkley to be in nba 2k18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 06:05 PM   #9
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can someone please start up a petition for Charles Barkley to be in nba 2k18

Until then... we always got these :

Old 12-28-2016, 06:49 PM   #10
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Re: Can someone please start up a petition for Charles Barkley to be in nba 2k18

But I do recall Barkley saying that the other reason why he will not allow 2k to use his likeness is because of how the nba treats retired players from a healthcare perspective and earlier this year the nba players union decided to fund healthcare for retirees starting in 2017. I know its late but its better to be late than never. On the other hand its like what everyone has stated its up to Barkley.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:48 PM   #11
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Dude I am sure it's a bit more complicated
Yeah it probably is a bit more complicated but it really doesn't have to be does it?. I'm pretty sure there are fans of his that would love to play with him and his teams from a virtual perspective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 12:50 PM   #12
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Please tell me how 2K can get the NBA to fix all their dealings with retired players? Because that's what the issue is. Charles hates how the NBA treats retired players.
do you think the fund for healthcare that the retired players will receive starting in January will soften the blow a little bit or nah?
Old 01-01-2017, 08:56 AM   #13
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
do you think the fund for healthcare that the retired players will receive starting in January will soften the blow a little bit or nah?
I remember someone posting a clip of Barkley also saying that 2K wasn't paying enough, or something to that effect. I doubt we'll see him or one of his teams in game anytime soon.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #14
Rookie

Retired25Won2K's Arena

Someone should tweet it while they on TNT next time. I would love to see his expression/answer. Or has he already responded on the show before. I don't recall.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #15
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
We don't really know the details of what Charles wanted... if he just wanted them to pay royalties to the retired players that they put in 2k, then they should.

If he wants them to pay all the retired players that aren't even in the game? Ain't gonna be no Charles.

They should do what NBA Live 96 did... Certain players weren't in the game, but if you put their name in the Create a Player - it would auto-generate them to look just like em:

http://www.nba-live.com/wayback-wedn...-live-96-snes/ :

You mean build their likeness into the create a player engine?? They would get a lawsuit on their heads instantly. Just like NCAA make players look like they real players but used different names.

Of course you hope they will pay enough, but if they don't pay him what he wants there's not much we can do. He may be asking for something unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #16
Rookie

Retired25Won2K's Arena

I have been watching (or should I say waiting) for Barkley to finally go ahead and swallow a bit of that enormous ego & pride and c'mon over to the darkside.

Him and my favorite college player of all-time!!! (Chris Webber)

I can remember when Kareem was stubborn about it too until recently.

I mean MyTeam is cool to get them cards, but I'm not too much into MyTeam (just online head2head/league and TeamUp)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »