Home

i hope 2k18 has a cooldown button feature... this is getting annoying now

This is a discussion on i hope 2k18 has a cooldown button feature... this is getting annoying now within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2017, 04:18 AM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
i hope 2k18 has a cooldown button feature... this is getting annoying now

this is mainly for people who only spam steals or blocks.
the way the game is now, you can break the Steal/block button and eventually you will be rewarded with what you want due to 2k not having a limit with how much you can do at a time.

there no reason why reaching on me 30 times in a possession should be a thing, most smart people in ball wont do this . in on 2k this is all people do on defense. till they get fouled out or till 2k gives them what they want.
the other thing that will get a cool down button effect would be blocking. this is the only game that rewards FAILURE. you can go up for a horrible block and get it. now imagine that, but the guy is palming his block button smashing it repeatably untill i somehow score, or he gets credited a BS block.

can you even recover that fast in real life if you miss the block? just my 2 cents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2017, 04:42 AM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: i hope 2k18 has a cooldown button feature... this is getting annoying now

I don't play online, so I can't comment on steal/block spamming.

But a cooldown method to fix the problem is not a good idea.

I can't imagine anyone liking any idea where you gave to wait to perform a simple action like jumping or swiping at the ball.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:08 AM   #3
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Fatigue and no I don't think you can recover that fast from a block, especially when you miss. I agree OP. You should be penalized for this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
Rookie

I broke out the post scorer just to see how he played these days.

Nothing has changed. I had one matchup where my Post Scoring Center was matched up on a Point Forward. I constantly had the guy isolated in the paint, and everytime my teammates got me the ball in the post I couldn't even shoot the ball because the defender is slamming the square button to no end.

It's a disgusting feeling. There is literally nothing I can do. If I try to pull a fade he will get an automatic foul and everyone will sit there and watch the animation COMPLETELY play out (My dude will even shoot the fade shot like 10 seconds after the foul). I cannot afford to even stand there with the ball because I cannot hold onto it. If I just stay still, I get peeled. If I try to pass the ball out to a teammate, I'll get peeled. If I shoot, I'll get peeled or fouled.

Now defensively I understand why these guys do it. I have a Lockdown defender PG and sometimes the only way I can consistently stop my opponent from just spamming dribble moves and forcing his way into the paint is to attempt a steal. I understand why undersized players have to do it with my post scoring center, they understand it's their only choice.

The issue is there is no balance. Everyone will continue to spam the square button because it is the only form of defense they can rely on consistently. Perhaps taking into account stamina in relation with steal attempts, and combining those with some different (possibly new) animations in the future would give us more balance in this area.

EX. a defender spamming the steal button gets tired faster and is more susceptible to the ball handler's offensive moves.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #5
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Spamming the steal should put you into an auto foul animation lol that's basically what you're demonstrating

The same with the double tap block... constantly jumping shows a lack of discipline and in the video game you should be penalized for it

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Spamming the steal should put you into an auto foul animation lol that's basically what you're demonstrating

The same with the double tap block... constantly jumping shows a lack of discipline and in the video game you should be penalized for it

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
I'm still trying to figure out why falling for a pump fake and the shooter being able to draw the shooting foul because of undisciplined jumping was completely removed. That had to be one of the dumbest decisions they could have ever made.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:11 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Cooldown in the typical video game way is a total non starter of course, but fouls, fatigue, loss of balance, causing a realistic delay in subsequent attempts at a particular movement, could all be implemented to deter this kind of play.

It seems though that in H2H play, developers have decided that User agency with limited consequences, even if it entails many things that are physically improbable as best, is more important than producing realistic outcomes that may cause many Users to fail catastrophically and not have "fun" playing the game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:24 PM   #8
Rookie

captainesteban's Arena

This is a tricky area because it affects offline play as well. I will push the right stick towards the ball ONCE and then the man im controlling proceeds to reach four five times after the whistles been blown.

They've already implemented ways to counteract spamming but things happen. If anything they should revert back to where there is no penalty for spamming. I hate that when I reach off ball, I go flying across the court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »