Home

Reworking the Time Out Menu for 2K18

This is a discussion on Reworking the Time Out Menu for 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Reworking the Time Out Menu for 2K18

It's been about 5 months into this game, and I still can't seem to dig the new TO menu 2k implemented. Not very slick UI, and definitely confusing if you are a completely noob to the series or coming off of 2k16. Here's a list of a few things I hope get changed/added for next year:

1. Basically the overall look of the menu: There's has to be a simpler/faster way to set adjustments for individual players. Right now it looks way too complicated, and even after owning the game for a few months I just barely manage to make my adjustments before I run out of time.

2. I do like the fact that you can change your freelance and POEs from within the TO menu, but at the same time I still have to pause the game to use the Defensive Settings screen for some settings that for some reason are not included in the TO menu (ex. guard PG full court).

3. Show us the actual stamina for each player and not a bar colored graph!! Also show us who is hot/cold, I have to pause and go to the substitution menu to see these things.

4. This one is a real head-scratcher: How come we are not able to call plays from within the TO menu? Isn't that like half the point of a timeout? This is especially obvious in late game situations when you're trying to run a specific play whether off the inbounds or on the court and you have to go through pages and pages of plays to find it which could risk to losing time on the clock or not getting a shot off.

Any other things you would like to see?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: Reworking the Time Out Menu for 2K18

You mean you don't like the push the right stick to Up and Left, while holding R2, and pressing L1 while hopping on 1 foot and scratching your head at the same time?
Old 01-28-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Some if the most mind boggling decision making I have seen in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-28-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
Pro

I just wish they let you set all the defensive and offensive settings before the game starts. I hate setting my offensive settings and poe while using up the shot clock. Doesnt make sense to call a timeout right away just to set those up too.

Setting up the gameplan in the pause menu is way quicker than going through the timeout menu too. Stop with using the right stick and pie charts to set settings, it looks nice but not efficient.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:49 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

There was really no need for them to change up the timeout menu from 2K16.

16s was perfect imo. It was simple, fast and easy to navigate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Talking Re: Reworking the Time Out Menu for 2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
You mean you don't like the push the right stick to Up and Left, while holding R2, and pressing L1 while hopping on 1 foot and scratching your head at the same time?
And could I also get the head coach for the actual team I'm using to appear in TOs and not that scrub that reminds me of last year's Mycareer agent?
Old 01-29-2017, 12:03 AM   #7
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

They had the sub menu in particular perfect in 2K15, last year's was fine too. This was one of those "change for the sake of change" things that in practice is terrible.

I can't even switch Harden from SG to PG in the on the fly menu when I could every other year, so stupid.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-29-2017, 01:16 AM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
They had the sub menu in particular perfect in 2K15, last year's was fine too. This was one of those "change for the sake of change" things that in practice is terrible.

I can't even switch Harden from SG to PG in the on the fly menu when I could every other year, so stupid.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Somehow they even messed up the "Team Comparison" feature too lol. I love looking at my stats so that was my favorite addition to the timeout menu in 2K16.

Now for whatever reason in 2K17 they don't even show you how many shots you've taken in the FG, 3P and FT categories just your percentages, they combine the offensive and defensive rebound stats and they don't show your points off turnovers, points in the paint, fastbreak points or second chance points.

It's damn near useless at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »