Home

Missing Standing Dunks in MyPark

This is a discussion on Missing Standing Dunks in MyPark within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #9
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Missing Standing Dunks in MyPark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Do you do any extra moves first? Pump fake? Pivot?
Nope. I will say that i don't ever miss them in Old Town but i miss them all the time in Rivet City and Sunset
Old 02-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #10
Rookie

Tip 1: Do you have under basket athletic dunks equipped? Also is your strength upgraded?

Tip 2:Try going into the post up position first then hold both analog sticks up. That might trigger some turn around jams.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:12 AM   #11
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Nope. I will say that i don't ever miss them in Old Town but i miss them all the time in Rivet City and Sunset
Hmm, that's interesting

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #12
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
I'm not sure if this matters (or if this is still the case in2k17), but each Park is supposed to have different player bonuses:

I might be wrong, but I think Sunset has jumpshot and rebounding bonus, Rivet City has athletic and defense bonus, and Old Town has playmaking and inside scoring bonus.

Either way, you need to do more post moves on the inside to avoid getting blocked on standing dunks. Hell, just press L2 real quick, let go, and dunk - that is sometimes enough.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:02 PM   #13
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I'm not sure if this matters (or if this is still the case in2k17), but each Park is supposed to have different player bonuses:

I might be wrong, but I think Sunset has jumpshot and rebounding bonus, Rivet City has athletic and defense bonus, and Old Town has playmaking and inside scoring bonus.

Either way, you need to do more post moves on the inside to avoid getting blocked on standing dunks. Hell, just press L2 real quick, let go, and dunk - that is sometimes enough.
I'm not even getting blocked i'm just blatantly missing the dunks
Old 02-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
I'm not even getting blocked i'm just blatantly missing the dunks

This. I feel 2K stealth nerfed is again because I don't understand how u went from what I was doing before to blowing 2-3 dunks a game now if not more. And once again these ARE NOT BLOCKS they are blatant misses on dunks that should be all accounts go in. And has anyone else noticed a increase in that lame animation where u break out of the dunk halfway through and then just throw the ball at the rim and miss every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #15
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGod
Tip 1: Do you have under basket athletic dunks equipped? Also is your strength upgraded?

Tip 2:Try going into the post up position first then hold both analog sticks up. That might trigger some turn around jams.
Both analog sticks up from the post is the worst one. I've never made one of those. They always bounce off the back of the rim and then my dude just sits there hanging on the rim and doesn't even try to get the ball back.

Also, my strength isn't maxed but i'm a lot stronger than the average point guard. Around 60 strength. I actually play power forward for my Pro Am team because my rebounding is maxed lol

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 02-03-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #16
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
This. I feel 2K stealth nerfed is again because I don't understand how u went from what I was doing before to blowing 2-3 dunks a game now if not more. And once again these ARE NOT BLOCKS they are blatant misses on dunks that should be all accounts go in. And has anyone else noticed a increase in that lame animation where u break out of the dunk halfway through and then just throw the ball at the rim and miss every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly my point man. they already make us use these stupid archetypes but we can't even do what our archetype is supposed to do. Slashers are supposed to make contact dunks and contact layups with ease. I can't even make open dunks and sometimes i even miss open layups

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »