Home

NBA 2K17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #97
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
For a yearly released game this would shorten the actual dev cycle to about 5-6 months. It sounds great on a message board but it just is not feasible. The first thing people would say is I'm not paying for a roster update. I truly wish this was as easy as you guys think it is.

When we don't patch a lot guys complain we don't care and we just want the game to be broken. We do patch and guys are like they keep breaking the game.

I told you guys several times that patching a game is always dangerous even games in development for several years have patches. And some things are too dangerous to patch. They just are.

So for developers it can seem like a no win situation.

Also as a side note. Some of the gameplay stuff that used to require a patch we are able to do through roster updates. That is why some of the gameplay patch notes have seemed light because some stuff was done though other means.
Look, we appreciate the work you guys are trying to put in to improve things, especially given the limited timeframe you've been given from the higher ups to crank out the next game. Beta test or no beta test, the point is we are looking for a way to get gameplay and legacy performance issues ironed out BEFORE the game is fully released, rather than hoping they are resolved months later, and if they can't be, at least AKNOWLEDGED via communication that you are aware of "Issue X" but can't fix it due to "Reason Y".

A beta just gives so many more thousands of real-world testers the ability to test and exploit all the different game modes and provide feedback that you guys would have no way of uncovering yourselves.

Anyway, none of this is all really meant to be an attack on the "dev team", I know the constraints you are all forced to work under as I work closely with our company's dev team myself and am completely used to the groaning and grumbling every time upper management gives them an unrealistic deadline to either release a new version of our platform or fix something broken.

The problem is COMMUNICATION, as any time there is an issue we are sure to immediately notify any new or existing customers and give them an explanation of what's causing it and a time estimate to when it will be fixed.

Otherwise frustration grows as it just feels like we're all being ignored for pointing out valid flaws.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #98
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Da_Czar, I appreciate you chiming in.

I understand you handle the offensive side of things and I am big on running plays and utulizing my playbook & freelance. When comparing to 2K16, the pace of plays developing seemed to take a step back in 2K17. I understand it was adjusted in a patch a few months ago, but will there be another update or will it be tweaked for 2K18?

As of right now, it seems like a hit or miss if the play will develop in enough time. The off-ball collisions, and the lack of urgency for the offensive players to run to their spots so the play can initiate or continue puts a big damper on some of the intricate plays you've intertwined in the playbook.

Thanks again for answering some of our questions
Fam trust me the off-ball collisions are the bane of my offensive existence. LOL. I knew offense would take a hit this year but that defensive feature will pay big dividends in the future so we kind of had to hold the L if that makes any sense.

Honestly speaking I was going to push for another update but I heard all the groaning about guys being pissed that we patched X times already and now I'm not so sure that is a good idea.

It would be awful if I talked them into doing another patch and the community turned on us for it. That would not be good at all.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 02-04-2017, 09:05 PM   #99
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Look, we appreciate the work you guys are trying to put in to improve things, especially given the limited timeframe you've been given from the higher ups to crank out the next game. Beta test or no beta test, the point is we are looking for a way to get gameplay and legacy performance issues ironed out BEFORE the game is fully released, rather than hoping they are resolved months later, and if they can't be, at least AKNOWLEDGED via communication that you are aware of "Issue X" but can't fix it due to "Reason Y".

A beta just gives so many more thousands of real-world testers the ability to test and exploit all the different game modes and provide feedback that you guys would have no way of uncovering yourselves.

Anyway, none of this is all really meant to be an attack on the "dev team", I know the constraints you are all forced to work under as I work closely with our company's dev team myself and am completely used to the groaning and grumbling every time upper management gives them an unrealistic deadline to either release a new version of our platform or fix something broken.

The problem is COMMUNICATION, as any time there is an issue we are sure to immediately notify any new or existing customers and give them an explanation of what's causing it and a time estimate to when it will be fixed.

Otherwise frustration grows as it just feels like we're all being ignored for pointing out valid flaws.
I hear you on communication, that is a slippery slope, there may be things I can or could answer but something are off limits and depend on the marketing department.

As a company 2k has some...interesting ideas about how and what to communicate so being part of said company you can only operate where you have leeway.

So sometimes as a dev if you know you can't or shouldn't answer certain things you just kind of fade into the weeds because it can seem rude to get asked the same question over and over again and not be able to answer.

Also sometimes we don't have that answer. Outside of my area of expertise I am only really giving my opinion. So it's muddy and unclear and I get how that comes off but unfortunately a lot of that is out of my hands.

Also this happens a lot someone will be asking about something but you are fighting behind the scenes to make it happen and you still do not know what the outcome will be so you just remain quiet until you figure it out.

In short in my opinion we could certainly do a better job communicating IMHO of course.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 02-04-2017, 09:50 PM   #100
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I hear you on communication, that is a slippery slope, there may be things I can or could answer but something are off limits and depend on the marketing department.

As a company 2k has some...interesting ideas about how and what to communicate so being part of said company you can only operate where you have leeway.

So sometimes as a dev if you know you can't or shouldn't answer certain things you just kind of fade into the weeds because it can seem rude to get asked the same question over and over again and not be able to answer.

Also sometimes we don't have that answer. Outside of my area of expertise I am only really giving my opinion. So it's muddy and unclear and I get how that comes off but unfortunately a lot of that is out of my hands.

Also this happens a lot someone will be asking about something but you are fighting behind the scenes to make it happen and you still do not know what the outcome will be so you just remain quiet until you figure it out.

In short in my opinion we could certainly do a better job communicating IMHO of course.
This is why I give guys like you the benefit of the doubt. Thank you, Czar.

Yeah, this year was a bunch of good ideas that looked awesome on paper, but didn't quite work in execution. Kinda like 2K12, really--remember when people were missing layups left and right? Thankfully signature skills/badges were introduced the next year to remedy that, and have stuck ever since.

It hurts while this misstep is the newest game--all one can do is go back to the drawing board and try to keep this error from happening again.

But yes, you people need to communicate better. At the very least, thank you for admitting fault there.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #101
Banned

Quote:
Fam trust me the off-ball collisions are the bane of my offensive existence. LOL. I knew offense would take a hit this year but that defensive feature will pay big dividends in the future so we kind of had to hold the L if that makes any sense.

Honestly speaking I was going to push for another update but I heard all the groaning about guys being pissed that we patched X times already and now I'm not so sure that is a good idea.

It would be awful if I talked them into doing another patch and the community turned on us for it. That would not be good at all.
Thanks for posting. I have to say that the offball collision stuff will remain an absolute nightmare because of the way contact has been shown to work consistently in the game thus far; you still struggle to run past the ball handler without sticking if you're chasing your guy round the court, and getting stuck in post up animations when you're trying to break free and clear out of the paint has been another on-going collision issue. I can't see how these things will ultimately lead to good things when we see the same things like that reappearing. It would make more sense to clean up these legacy issues before throwing more into the mix imo.

As for worrying about community grumblings, then you must already be aware of how this game has been received, so if you can do something to try and make the game better then i'm sure we'd all be for that, and a few snarky comments about yet another patch would be a small price to pay. We're all on your side - our gaming lives depend on it! From a personal PoV I just want legacy issues removed before shiny new features are added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2017, 10:42 PM   #102
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

The freezing is back....Aargh.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:23 AM   #103
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
For a yearly released game this would shorten the actual dev cycle to about 5-6 months. It sounds great on a message board but it just is not feasible. The first thing people would say is I'm not paying for a roster update. I truly wish this was as easy as you guys think it is.

When we don't patch a lot guys complain we don't care and we just want the game to be broken. We do patch and guys are like they keep breaking the game.

I told you guys several times that patching a game is always dangerous even games in development for several years have patches. And some things are too dangerous to patch. They just are.

Also as a side note. Some of the gameplay stuff that used to require a patch we are able to do through roster updates. That is why some of the gameplay patch notes have seemed light because some stuff was done though other means.
If patching the game is as dangerous as you say, why did you guys send out 21GB in patches in this past week alone?

Last edited by jWILL253; 02-05-2017 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:54 AM   #104
Banned

lilkoolaid's Arena

Quote:

Dear Da_Czar

with this so many patches, then why you people havent fixed the fastbreak, bump steals and dribble drive in this game since it was mentioned every time you people release a new patch.

Is that part dangerous?????

and also is the people in the art department even cares???

Thanks have a nice day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »