Home

Begging for a patch to address terrible AI double teaming in the post

This is a discussion on Begging for a patch to address terrible AI double teaming in the post within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2017, 03:28 AM   #1
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

OVR: 0
Begging for a patch to address terrible AI double teaming in the post

We all know the A.I double teaming logic this year is absolutely stupid and unrealistic. This issue needs to be addressed in a patch, especially doubling teaming post players it is game breaking. As it goes right now, as soon you score 7 points in mygm/myleague/mycareer the A.I will double team your player as soon as you get the ball in the post....for the rest of the game....constantly... You could score those 7 points by any means (three 3-pointers or 7 trips to the line it doesn't matter) but as soon as your score those 7 points forget about going into the post.

Have a look at the below video. This is one of my myleague games as the 76ers, we are down 3 points with 20 secs remaining, instead of guarding the perimeter the AI (because Joel has scored more than 7 points) decides to double team as soon as the ball gets thrown down low, leaving Korver open for three to tie the game instead of maybe letting Joel score 2 points. Oladipo would get traded immediately if this happened in real life...

And yes I get the whole "Just pass the ball when the double comes hurr hurr" but its not about that, its about how it trivializes the game, making HOF easy as hell, while making players like Melo ECT who utilize a postup/faceup/iso game in real life, unrealistic in the game, it needs to be addressed.

Last edited by adamspag; 02-04-2017 at 03:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2017, 05:22 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Begging for a patch to address terrible AI double teaming in the post

but if you start abuse this for a few times and the player that recceives the kickout acutally score, they stop, i do find it a little bit cheesy against ai, just a little, but overall is not too bad isn't it?

maybe i don't play the game enough, anyone else have comment?
Old 02-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Highly disagree

This game plays amazing with the right slider set
Old 02-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Highly disagree

Not everyone who owns/plays the game can access a slider set.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:11 PM   #5
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

This patch messed up my slider set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Highly disagree

lol no. Before I traded in my game for this very reason I tried modifying sliders (100s of times), player attributes, player tendencies, coaching tendencies, turning off ACE, switch teams and modifying defensive settings but no matter what it wouldn't fix this problem, it is hard coded into the game that when a player scores 6 or so points he is double teamed for the rest of the game when he goes into the post, no matter how many times he kicks it out to an open shooter. How can anyone look at the above video and say that is okay. The game doesn't play amazing...it plays like ****
Old 02-05-2017, 12:48 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know that the video shows an actual double team. It looks more like Oladipo saw an opportunity to get a game clinching steal and started swiping like hell at the ball. I don't think it has anything to do with how many points Noel scored.

That said, the double team logic is pretty bad, but moreso on the perimeter I think. All the AI does is run the next closest defender to the ballhandler and doesn't rotate or anything, so he get wide open 3 after wide open 3
Old 02-05-2017, 04:49 AM   #8
Pro

As a Post Scorer I've broken a few controllers over these double teams. Justice can drop 50, but they'll double me cause I have 8 points. Passing out of these double teams can be ridiculous because any move you make is a turnover.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »