Home

We need better big man layup packages

This is a discussion on We need better big man layup packages within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
We need better big man layup packages

For the last two years, big men have been restricted to two layup packages while the guards get about 69. These two packages (Griffin and Duncan) are basically just guard packages in disguise, with no real distinctive animations that separate it from the rest. We need a big man layup package that takes advantage of the player’s height down low.
We need a layup package that is full of floaters and hook shots, basically a bunch of standing layup animations. Big men in the NBA today hit standing floaters and hook shots all day, however in 2K you can't hit a floater unless you are driving to the basket and you can't hit a hook shot unless you are holding LT in the post-up animation. Have a look at these video's below as examples:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: We need better big man layup packages

Yes, big men in the NBA don't take "short jumpers" in the paint but that is all that is available in NBA 2K.

Needs to be addressed ASAP!

from Bills Backer/Spurs Nation HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 03-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

I agree, there needs to be more layups to choose from in general too. It's time for Layup Packages to be more specific like the dunk packages currently are. Things like quick drops layups, leaning contact layups, floaters etc. Right now they are all lumped in together in a set, I want to see them fully fleshed out. For example I want to see a floaters set having "off two feet" and "off one foot" and "standing" floater to choose from.

For offline... I don't know if you guys know this but what you can do in the meantime is edit a Big to a guard position, for example Steven Adams to SF, go into his layup package and then you have access to all the guard,swing, and superstar layup animation packages. I find a guard/forward set that has one or two animations I like and give it to him, nothing to wild I usually go with "swing". Once you got your layup set, back out to and edit his position back to normal C and your good to go. I also edit tendencies to give Big's more floaters too and it looks amazing seeing the variety.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
Rookie

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...need-love.html

I spoke about this and more in regards to big men being limited In my post. I fully agree with the OP. Big men need a severe upgrade. They move so gracefully in real life. In 2k17
They move so slow. Max speed in the 40s. You have to make a really short big man to see his speed into the mid 60's.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...need-love.html

I spoke about this and more in regards to big men being limited In my post. I fully agree with the OP. Big men need a severe upgrade. They move so gracefully in real life. In 2k17
They move so slow. Max speed in the 40s. You have to make a really short big man to see his speed into the mid 60's.
That is a good thread.
Agree with what people have been saying here for a while, hate when bigs take a jump shot when they are in the paint and a hook shot or floater would have been the best option in real life. Here is another example video about this issue I have been linking for a while.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #6
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
I agree, there needs to be more layups to choose from in general too. It's time for Layup Packages to be more specific like the dunk packages currently are. Things like quick drops layups, leaning contact layups, floaters etc. Right now they are all lumped in together in a set, I want to see them fully fleshed out. For example I want to see a floaters set having "off two feet" and "off one foot" and "standing" floater to choose from.

For offline... I don't know if you guys know this but what you can do in the meantime is edit a Big to a guard position, for example Steven Adams to SF, go into his layup package and then you have access to all the guard,swing, and superstar layup animation packages. I find a guard/forward set that has one or two animations I like and give it to him, nothing to wild I usually go with "swing". Once you got your layup set, back out to and edit his position back to normal C and your good to go. I also edit tendencies to give Big's more floaters too and it looks amazing seeing the variety.
And most importantly layup speed! This is why short guys are unusable in this game. Isaiah Thomas is out of his mind this year, and yet in 2K, you'd have more success with Brandon Jennings in this game than him because his layups take just as long as people nearly a foot taller than him. His power is that he's so fast, he's by you and has the ball up on the glass before you can even react. In 2K you could schedule a lunch break between pressing the button and when the layup animation actually completes. It's not a problem for LeBron or MJ, but guys like Kyrie & IT or even more so, guys who are smaller and don't have a strong jumper to rely on, they became all but useless in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »