Home

I need help with minutes please

This is a discussion on I need help with minutes please within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I need help with minutes please

So I'm playing my GM and I'm using the Blazers.....I have my stats and mins set with 12 min qtrs and I only play 4 mins a qtr so I don't have to play one whole game for an hour...Anyways when I play 4 mins a qtr I end up scoring between 140--160 a game.....nwnow ifor I put the qtr time down to 10 mins or 11 mins the country teams only shoot 60 shots a game and the country teams when they play each other players only play about 30 mins a game.....can someone help me to where stats and stuff are real???......thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
Pro

Re: I need help with minutes please

I think your "Normalize Played to Sim Stats" setting is on. It's should be somewhere in the settings menu, atleast it is for MyLeague.

It inflates your stats when you play four minutes, to what would happen if you played 12. Example, if you scored 40 points in 4 minutes, thats 10 points a minute, and with this setting on would be 120 points for each 12 minutes.

I'm not sure about the other part of your question.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:30 AM   #3
Rookie

blazenmusic20's Arena

Country teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2017, 09:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Sorry guys my phone went to autocorrect when I put country teams it should have been computer teams and I'm voice texting this so if it doesn't make sense that's why... But when I play four minute quarters I have it set to where stats and stuff would be set as for real games like 12-minute quarters so if I score if I play 4 minute quarters but I'll have it the stats and set stuff set for computer for 12 minutes I'll end up scoring when I go to my do daily games it'll say I scored a hundred and sixty points and me and the computer it'll say we shot a hundred and ten shots apiece one game last night I had it on 4 minute quarters I score 168 points and it said that I shot 60 free throws how do I fix how should I slow down my speed in game thanks
Old 03-31-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
Rookie

blazenmusic20's Arena

Ohhhh okay I think it has to do with the rate you score during your 4min quarter games, bc the automated 12min stats are an extrapolation of what you've done basically. So that's not an easy fix. Maybe sliders could help. I use creweutah's sliders and get sim results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 03:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

I have a similar problem (or maybe it's the same...?) in that I have my played and simmed games set to 12 min. I play one game per in-game week and sim the rest. However, when I do play, I SimCast about half of it and play the rest. I'm also seeing some really high scores. In game 4 of the Western finals last night, I had over 100 by the end of the 3rd against Golden State.

I may just be a lot better than I give myself credit for but that doesn't seem right. I'm going to adjust the sliders in the offseason to see if that helps. Of course, if it's a simple switch of a setting here or there, I would prefer that. Any thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »