Home

2K18 Wishlist - Nikola Jokic passing like..

This is a discussion on 2K18 Wishlist - Nikola Jokic passing like.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: 2K18 Wishlist - Nikola Jokic passing like..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
How about the guy just throws his hand up when hes open. May not look totally realistic but it may be better than a flashing icon

He could throw his hands up when a chest pass would suffice and hold his hands down out in front when a bounce pass would be best.

Then it would be up to the user to anticipate and react to these quick visual cues similar to a passer in real life. What do you guys think

Side: Im all for a Fifa "pass to a spot" type system
Yep your idea makes much more sense, now how do the 2k developers program that into the code now that's the complicated question.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Exactly, also because if you are a point guard/forward who is actually passing and not just dribbling, icon passing is the only way to be sure to reach the indended target (left stick and right stick passing are a joke unless you are in a fast break).
Agree.
That's why devs create Dimer badge as boost for receiving shooters, to keep honest Rubio & Co.

However a manual passing style would be a real improvement also for MyPark, giving effectiveness to floor generals and Teodosic like gamers

.. if only lowered sharpshooters %
Old 04-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
How about the guy just throws his hand up when hes open. May not look totally realistic but it may be better than a flashing icon

He could throw his hands up when a chest pass would suffice and hold his hands down out in front when a bounce pass would be best.

Then it would be up to the user to anticipate and react to these quick visual cues similar to a passer in real life. What do you guys think

Player's can also point to the sky when calling for alley-oop passes Deandre Jordan does that all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #12
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
An idea that I had about that was adding something hinting who is open for simulating the court vision (i.e. a flashing icon on the open man appearing at a rate proportionate with the court vision rating of the player).

I know, it's a little bit arcade, but at least I would have a reason/advantage in using pure passers like Rubio.
That's the type of addition I hate. Typically when games start adding stuff like that they're already running out of ideas and the game is headed downhill. We don't need no flashing icons over open teammates, come on now. Although I woudn't be surprised if eventually they added more crap on the screen like all the other tripple A titles do in the name of accessibility.

Last edited by Vni; 04-05-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
That's the type of addition that I hate. Typically when games starting adding stuff like that they're already running out of ideas and the game headed downhill. We don't need no flashing icons over open teammates, come on now.
As it is now, the game doesn't separate elite passers from others. I'm not even sure if elite passers have specific passing animations.

Unless you deem a separation the ability to make pin point cross court passes.

A separation that you have basically for all the other fundamentals (shooting, dribbling, defense, rebounding, post game, etc), and even for dunkers and ball hogs.

It wasn't the icon the point, the point was making rewarding the use (or the creation in the case of MyPlayer) of elite passers
Old 04-05-2017, 02:12 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

Good point!

That would clearly look more realistic than the icon, but it would have the same purpose.

As regards the implementation in the game, I think that something is already in the code: "openess" is one of the sliders for adjusting directional passing.
It would be just a matter to make visible that "openess" with an animation.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:47 PM   #15
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

In my opinion that's just some bad game design. That's not adding any IQ into the game. They have to improve the way passing rating works, adding more animations and a press sensitive would be nice even though I think Wang doesn't like it, or he doesn't think it's something that works in a basketball game. I think I remember him saying something along thoses lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #16
MVP

The hand signal for openness is the best idea better than the icon flashing I agree. I can't see the reason why it can't be implemented into the game. Icons on screen is acceptable for certain game modes like a Referee Mode to signal you on a foul etc, but that's a topic for another day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »