Home

Getting stripped on catch

This is a discussion on Getting stripped on catch within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

VictorOzieh's Arena

OVR: 1
Getting stripped on catch

Does anyone know which attribute i have to improve to not get stripped? (in MyCareer specifically). i just made a new post player and he gets stripped fairly consistently as soon as he catches the ball or goes up for a shot. Please help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #2
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Getting stripped on catch

Nothing you can really do about it bro. It's annoying as hell. Not sure why it hasn't been fixed.

Maybe try upgrading your Ball Control or your Hands attributes?
Old 04-06-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I think it's both Ball Control and Post Control.

If you're talking about being able to move in the Post without being stripped or fumbling the ball, it'd be Post Control.

If you're operating outside of the paint, it'd be Ball Control... you probably won't be able to get ball control very high on a Post Player, so my advice would be to press L2 (ps4) as soon as you get it and protect the ball.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:24 AM   #4
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I think it's both Ball Control and Post Control.

If you're talking about being able to move in the Post without being stripped or fumbling the ball, it'd be Post Control.

If you're operating outside of the paint, it'd be Ball Control... you probably won't be able to get ball control very high on a Post Player, so my advice would be to press L2 (ps4) as soon as you get it and protect the ball.
I don't think Post control affects you getting stripped in the post. Post control is just how easily you can back down a certain player. If a player has 95 post control, and the person they're backing down has 25 strength, they're obviously going to easily back them down and most likely get an easy basket. But if a player with 25 post control is backing down someone with 95 strength, they're not gonna go anywhere at all lol.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:07 AM   #5
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
I don't think Post control affects you getting stripped in the post. Post control is just how easily you can back down a certain player. If a player has 95 post control, and the person they're backing down has 25 strength, they're obviously going to easily back them down and most likely get an easy basket. But if a player with 25 post control is backing down someone with 95 strength, they're not gonna go anywhere at all lol.
I've never been totally sure about this, but my thinking is there's gotta be something that controls how well you can handle ball in the paint...

It definitely does what you say, but I always thought it also affects being able to hold on to the ball. A Post Scorer can have 94 post control, but only 60 Ball Control... that makes me think that Ball Control doesn't matter in the paint the same way Post Control does?

But honestly? I'm not really sure. Would be nice to get a definite answer on it.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 04-06-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 12:04 PM   #6
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I've never been totally sure about this, but my thinking is there's gotta be something that controls how well you can handle ball in the paint...

It definitely does what you say, but I always thought it also affects being able to hold on to the ball. A Post Scorer can have 94 post control, but only 60 Ball Control... that makes me think that Ball Control doesn't matter in the paint the same way Post Control does?

But honestly? I'm not really sure. Would be nice to get a definite answer on it.
Even though it probably does matter, ball control definetly shouldn't matter in the paint. When you're backing a player down, they have to come across your entire body to try and steal the ball which is definetly a foul. Players in the NBA pretty much never go for steals in the post
Old 04-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #7
Banned

This animation is terrible. It wasn't in the game at release but somehow it's found it's way in there. Definitely needs removing in this last patch.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #8
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
This animation is terrible. It wasn't in the game at release but somehow it's found it's way in there. Definitely needs removing in this last patch.

Yeah that's the automatic steal animation. Absolutely garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »