Home

YouTube 2k Community.

This is a discussion on YouTube 2k Community. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
YouTube 2k Community.

It's official the 2k YouTube community has made the 2k series not fun anymore, all they do is cry when things aren't going there way smh, the shooting update that made it harder for everyone to get greens made the game more realistic for me but all the youtubers starting crying like b****** because they couldn't go 8-8 shooting in the park smh they want the game to be easy as can be. But my thing is why did 2k make the shooting harder if they were just gonna change it back the very next day? Makes no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
Pro

YungGun's Arena

Re: YouTube 2k Community.

2K caters to casuals now. It's evident with every tweak they make.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

I don't think 2k intended online gameplay like MyPark to be realistic... I think that's pretty obvious. That being said, most 2k youtubers play MyPark or some other online gameplay. It's hard to keep the offline and online gamers happy because of how diverse the gamemodes are.

I understand your frustration, but i also understand theirs. Online gamemodes have become more and more of a pay to win gamemode over the past couple years and people who grind for all of those attributes caps and use their real life money to make a good player that they can use online often get screwed by 2k with patches like this that weaken the already very, very limited archetypes.

If you're an offline gamer and you're upset about how the shooting is, why don't you just adjust the sliders? Offline gamers have the luxury of creating their own sliders so why not utilize it?
Old 04-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
MVP

I agree, us offline gamers do have the luxury of sliders. We must also acknowledge sometimes sliders don't solve an issue but in the case of shooting I think it would help.

On the other hand every time 2k tweaks shooting you would need to find new slider settings that feel just right. Maybe that is what frustrates offline users.

Its really a lose lose situation.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #5
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
I agree, us offline gamers do have the luxury of sliders. We must also acknowledge sometimes sliders don't solve an issue but in the case of shooting I think it would help.

On the other hand every time 2k tweaks shooting you would need to find new slider settings that feel just right. Maybe that is what frustrates offline users.

Its really a lose lose situation.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Yea i mean if you try to only cater to the online gamers, the offline gamers will get mad and vice versa. There's really no real solution
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #6
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

It would be FINE if MyPark was arcade and had easy shooting etc. as long as it didn't affect other game modes. The problem is, it ripples down to every mode and makes them much worse than they could be.

Let the Youtube kids have their park, as long as you make Pro Am, MyTeam, Play Now, etc. more realistic; I don't understand why there can't be different difficulties per game mode.

It's especially ruined MyTeam because the easy shooting coupled with the stupid 90+ ratings for 3 point shooting on pretty much EVERY card has just makes it a snoozefest of jacking 3's all the time.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

make two versions (on&offline) and sell'em separately, so that I can buy the one I give a s**t about only.

I know u wouldn't.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Unless they have a way to distinctly separate the gameplay between what online users in the park want and what offline players/pro am/PNO sim crowd want, I can no longer force myself to buy this game, no matter how much I love basketball.

The trickle down affect from what these dudes on twitter are yelling about needs fixed in the park is NOT fair to the rest of the fan base.

I'm so sick of the sim ball crowd being punished because of this. Shooting was exponentially more realistic after the patch and tweaks, and ONE day of complaints it reverts back to the way it was?

I'm sorry but that shows us what is valued when it comes to customer feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »