Home

Lebron James Over Inflated Defensive Ratings

This is a discussion on Lebron James Over Inflated Defensive Ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2017, 01:09 AM   #97
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Lebron James Over Inflated Defensive Ratings

After watching tonight's game. You still think the same thing? And please keep your stats. Don't waste your time quoting me stats lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2017, 04:34 AM   #98
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Lebron James Over Inflated Defensive Ratings

Like someone said earlier. It's to help his overall to probably have the best rating in the league to reflect the best player.

LeBron is still a good defender but nowhere near like his Miami days. Especially not onball D wise. He definitely lost a few steps there. Bron definitely shouldn't be winning any DPOY awards in 2K lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 05-02-2017 at 04:45 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
After watching tonight's game. You still think the same thing? And please keep your stats. Don't waste your time quoting me stats lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
My guy If they Updated the Rosters JUST NOW you would have a point
The fact is he's had the same attributes since mid season where they were bottom of the league defensively and people were worried.

And all the Raptors yesterday shot normally, Cavs didn't win with Defense they won with offense. LeBron had a steal, a block, and 35 points (Not Defense so that doesn't matter).

His performance did not warrant DEFENSIVE attributes that should allow him untouched to win DPOY in 2k.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #100
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke11
He's still an elite defender when he wants to be.

May not be fair but those stats seemingly represent playoff Lebron lol.

Yeah, I agree, Lebron may not play lock down D all the time, but he dont go all James Harden either and not play D at all some possessions,lol.

Lebron is still a good defensive player, and while he may not lock you up every possession like Kawhi Leonard does, he is still very capable of dominating on the defensive end of the floor.

I have found with NBA2k ratings, defense dont effect overall as much as offense. Lower James Harden down to where he should be on defense, and it wont really lower his overall hardly any. I forget in my roster where I put it, but I lowered it to where its a D- anyway, and his overall really didnt drop till I lowered his passing accuracy to make sure he averages a lot of TO as he does IRL. I didnt drop it that much, yet it ook his rating down faster than lowering all his D way down, along with lowering Hustle some.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #101
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
Doesn't excuse why his defensive ratings are on par with his heat version. He has lower defensive stats across the board in Comparison. He has slowed down, don't let chase down blocks fool you. Jonathon Simmons has a few chase down blocks and still has 67 speed and a very low block rating. Highlights mean nothing, look at the stats.

Not saying He's a trash defender

But I have a few myleagues where the season after this season he's averaging 2 steals and nearly 2 blocks and wins dpoy, yet he's never averaged more than 1.2 blocks per game, and his steals per game have been decreasing since his 2011-2012 season.

Henny Bron has yet the slow down to the extent you're proclaiming. Have you watched him play? He can still run the entire full count in 3 seconds.

Yall better recognize
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #102
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPAGA
Henny Bron has yet the slow down to the extent you're proclaiming. Have you watched him play? He can still run the entire full count in 3 seconds.

Yall better recognize
Like I said Don't let highlights fool you. Westbrook can cover the court pretty quick, is he DPOY material? No. And I wasn't referring to his literal speed, He's still a great athlete, but he doesn't Have DPOY worthy stats to back up the attributes that allow him to be a DPOY caliber player in this game.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #103
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

How is this thread still going? Holy crap, give it a rest.. 2 damn weeks of running in circles.. Talk about beating a dead horse. Nobody is going to convince the other side any different so people are just going in circles over and over..
Old 05-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #104
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I think 2k is accounting or his HGH use during the previous summer.

Jk Jk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »