Home

How successful do you think 2k17 was overall?

This is a discussion on How successful do you think 2k17 was overall? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How succesful was 2k17 as a game
Very Succesful - One of the best games i've ever played 7 5.47%
Fairly Succesful - Happy with the game overall 38 29.69%
Not Very Succesful - Not as good as I was hoping it would be 54 42.19%
Very Unsuccesful - Horrible Game Overall 29 22.66%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #41
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How successful do you think 2k17 was overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
It's funny I was saying the same exact thing this year about 2k17 I thought maybe I am just getting older and out growing this past time of playing video games, but then I played 2k16 a game that I wasn't totally in love with but I found my self enjoying more then ever compared to 2k17, so with that my love for gaming isn't declining but my tolerance for rushed games that want us to wait for patches to complete/fix the game is totally gone.
Thinking about it it may not be that I'm getting older either. Because I played 2K16 till the very week 17 came out. But I don't know this game has just disappointed me on so many levels that I'm not sure if I still wanna go through this level of disappointment with 18. I have hope but just seeing their current direction (even with a dream team like dev team) is making me consider looking elsewhere. And they are doing the early release again this year which had me hyped last year but now I think I may have taken for granted those early October releases. I hope it isn't rushed but at this point I'm almost certain there will be a need for a ton of patches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #42
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

I think the game is not bad .

for me as an offline player , a couple of things that I hope well improve

my player accessories are NEVER the Same Colors as the rest of the Team !!!

2nd training system is Long and boring specially if you create more than one player ( I wish u can go thru training once and then it will apply to all other created players ) or remove it

I wish once I can create and all around balanced player or model after a legend !!!!!

as far as CPU Defense I hate the Glue tactic wherever you move the cpu already knows where your going !!its really hard to escape .

also I hate that strip animation you get when you drive down the lane , also a lot of blocked dunks specially for my slasher build , I think slasher should have more speed with ball !! to help him slash

also I don't like not being able to select secondary position of myplayer

all my issues is regarding myCareer that's the only mode I play

I would real love if my career player can be separated from Online modes such as park and Proam ( in my opinion that's why we see a lot of tuning or patching )

game at release was the best for me minus the bugs in badges .

I still love the game but hoping it will improve in 2k18 , I would real love to see more improvement for Mycareer
Old 05-08-2017, 09:42 AM   #43
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveQ
Thinking about it it may not be that I'm getting older either. Because I played 2K16 till the very week 17 came out. But I don't know this game has just disappointed me on so many levels that I'm not sure if I still wanna go through this level of disappointment with 18. I have hope but just seeing their current direction (even with a dream team like dev team) is making me consider looking elsewhere. And they are doing the early release again this year which had me hyped last year but now I think I may have taken for granted those early October releases. I hope it isn't rushed but at this point I'm almost certain there will be a need for a ton of patches.
Yea you know a game is shaky when there customers don't want an early release, I was one of the ones excited about a mid September release but not anymore it seemed as if they rushed there product out for no reason there wasn't even any competition last year so why put more pressure on yourself then you need to. But for the first time since 2k6 I will be taking the patient approach and won't be buying day one until I feel I recieved enough positive reviews from the OS fam to buy it. But with the way 2k is lately might not be until Feburary when they are done releasing all the patches.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #44
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I could not handle 2k17 anymore; no happy medium, one skill level to easy, next level to hard and not realistic. I went back to 2k16 and having a blast. I like to play sports games on a certain skill level at default as possible, no slideritis. 2k17 I could never find a happy setting, once i was getting close, another patch would drop and mess everything up. Back to myleague with Hawks in 2k16.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks
Old 05-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #45
Pro

I'm more interested in what Live will bring this year than 2K. That says a ton.

2K17 from a gameplay and simulation level is absolutely awful. It is almost impossible to enjoy this game if you know what the game of basketball actually is. I literally Cpu rotations are god awful, CPU P&R defense is terrible, Shooting is terrible. It's just not a very well made game, not at all up to 2K's standards.

It's not going to get better. It's too popular now and the suits have really sunk their teeth into this one, much like what you see with call of duty. The focus has shifted to something that is rooting out the simulation junkies like myself. We are the minority. The higher ups don't truly care about us, and the Devs don't have enough power to voice for us. So it's done really. This is what 2K is now, and this is what 2K will be until it's done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #46
MVP

The fun factor has been missing for awhile, it's a stressful grind that doesn't pay off. The microtransactions add to the stress. Every year the game basically gets tested AFTER release and half our time is spent troubleshooting or problem-solving.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:55 AM   #47
Rookie

This game is worst than last year by a lot. From the first time going from the menu and choosing a team to go against I knew then something wasn't right. I asked "why is it taking so long?" "it's slow"..I knew that from the first few times I've played it this isn't better than last year.
After a few weeks I was done with it and took a long break to go back to 2k17. I have fun playing 2k16 till this day and I feel it's the best new gen 2k since lebron cover 2k14 I think .
I would be more satisfied if 2k pulled a madden I said we aren't gonna change anything this year just put a new roster on 2k17. Gameplay is that bad man.
They took a few steps back this year they need to go back to how 2k16 played and just polish it because last year was a dope game.I'm mostly an ranked online player btw
Old 05-09-2017, 06:57 AM   #48
Rookie

This game is worst than last year by a lot. From the first time going through the menu and choosing a team to go against I knew then something wasn't right. I asked "why is it taking so long?" "it's slow"..I knew that from the first few times I've played it this isn't better than last year.
After a few weeks I was done with it and took a long break to go back to 2k16. I have fun playing 2k16 till this day and I feel it's the best new gen 2k since lebron cover 2k14 I think .
I would be more satisfied if 2k pulled a madden I said we aren't gonna change anything this year just put a new roster on 2k17. Gameplay is that bad man.
They took a few steps back this year they need to go back to how 2k16 played and just polish it because last year was a dope game.I'm mostly an ranked online player btw

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »