Home

We desperately need a new CAP system

This is a discussion on We desperately need a new CAP system within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2017, 07:55 PM   #25
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: We desperately need a new CAP system

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
I definitively feel that the option of not having nicknames is a must and if the game needs one to refer a player with, how about using multiple generic ones when a nickname is not selected like ... "He, You, the man, etc"

He is ho today

He is carrying them in this series

He is cold

He is cleaning the boards

He needs to step up his game

So lets have an interview with the player of the game ... what do you feel was the key in todays match ?

He is one of todays rising stars ... he is a veteran that's still producing at a high level ... he is a role player ... the man is torching them ... the man is letting the game slide within his hands, etc, etc ...

Nicknames are annoying, to me, but don't want them removed, just want the option of not having them and instead wish to hear multiple generic references for such players, as the ones described above.
I know what you're saying, and the commentary system already handles things this way a little bit right now, but the problem is it can get confusing which "He" that Harlan is referring to at times. I remember this being an even larger problem in past 2K's. They'll go into some little anecdote about a particular player using their name, and then immediately head into play-by-play using the word "He", but you're not sure which player Harlan meant.

It's not as cut-and-dry as you've laid out here. In fact, I'd go so far as to say your suggestion is more of a cheat than an actual solution. Remember they used to call out jersey numbers? "Passes it...to number 6". I know that's not very realistic either but would you prefer something like that? Pronouns just get messy.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
I know what you're saying, and the commentary system already handles things this way a little bit right now, but the problem is it can get confusing which "He" that Harlan is referring to at times. I remember this being an even larger problem in past 2K's. They'll go into some little anecdote about a particular player using their name, and then immediately head into play-by-play using the word "He", but you're not sure which player Harlan meant.

It's not as cut-and-dry as you've laid out here. In fact, I'd go so far as to say your suggestion is more of a cheat than an actual solution. Remember they used to call out jersey numbers? "Passes it...to number 6". I know that's not very realistic either but would you prefer something like that? Pronouns just get messy.
Thanks for the reminder ... the ideal solution, for me, would be for them to exponentialy increase the base of names recorded and tie them to CAPS and to the commentary system.

Now some other cheats would be to allow to assign user recorded names, using the mics, for CAPs and insert that into the commentary system (for obvious reason, those sounds cant be shared online with the caps), as disruptive as it might be, I prefer that to the very restrictive and annoying alternative we currently have.

About the number saying, I hated that even more than what we have now. Maybe I am/was more tired of the repetitiveness more than anything, if the find a way to not be so restrictive and repetitive with such instances of CAPS, by maybe mixing the info placed on the player cards like college, or university or pick number, with the pronoums, numbers and the like, might be more passable.

Maybe we need to think out of the box or something alike, but it definitively needs attention, specially for those that play My League oor MyGm for more than a couple of years and for those with fictitional rosters.

By the way, good to see you very active here and with your project. Hope health, job and life in general is well to you and yours.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #27
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

OVR: 0

I truly appreciate the responses! You guys are all full of amazing ideas! It's good to know that I'm not the only one who's extremely passionate over the whole player customization aspect

Hopefully one day, all of this stuff is brought into fruition.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #28
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

I know I'm probably wasting my time, but I've already began making face templates, JUST IN CASE 2k decides to implement the face photo import.

Examples:

Old 07-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #29
MVP

I see you have a curry template. Why create a player that is in game? Will you be creating a diiferent version of that player or just want to make them look better?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #30
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
I see you have a curry template. Why create a player that is in game? Will you be creating a diiferent version of that player or just want to make them look better?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Yes, due to appearance changes, I plan on creating different versions of nearly every star player in the game...along with missing legends

My goal is to put together an all-time roster + rosters based off specific seasons
Old 07-22-2017, 08:08 PM   #31
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

I'm with you on the face import from the WWE games feature. It's really great because you don't even need a phone app with the WWE game. You can just go to the website on your PC and do it that way if it's better for you.

Do not understand NBA 2k at all making everything so complicated. This and GTA Online has the worse created player modes out there and it makes no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #32
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
I'm with you on the face import from the WWE games feature. It's really great because you don't even need a phone app with the WWE game. You can just go to the website on your PC and do it that way if it's better for you.

Do not understand NBA 2k at all making everything so complicated. This and GTA Online has the worse created player modes out there and it makes no sense.

Right on bro! I don't think people understand how much more convenient and time friendly their creation system is! It's really amazing what you can come up with in about 10-15 minutes of work. You really don't even need a PC to resize images or create templates either! I've literally been doing everything from my iPhone lol

But yeah, It's time for 2k to stop making things so difficult and just give us this feature...it's a shame how much of an eyesore created players are in this game...from the unnatural looking skin texture, to the unnatural looking face features, to the unnatural/ugly/repetitive facial expressions, to the weird shiny hair, to the lack of body types...ughhhh....The current CAP system we have, is way too limited, frustrating, and outdated...sh*t takes way too much time, & just about everyone turns out looking the same smh

Last edited by Harrypotheadd; 07-22-2017 at 08:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »