Home

Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Players?

This is a discussion on Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Players? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #89
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Playe

I started my 2K playing from the very beginning with the Dreamcast version. I was blown away by that game... I would go into EB Games everyday to play it before the Dreamcast finally came out. I was 12 when it came out. I always got nba2k because of my love for basketball and the NBA. Then about a decade ago all that change. The type of people that play this game are cringey as hell. Just play trivia one night and look at the answers for the sports questions. It's embarrassing as hell that dudes playing AN NBA GAME will have next to no knowledge of the sport. Not that they need to know all these trivia answers to be able to play but its just sad to see that 70% dont know Kobe Bryants original jersey number for example.

But unfortunately its a free world and they can do whatever they want and play whatever they want.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #90
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Playe

I saw this thread... I'm having a son due date is Dec 18. But I wonder if he'll be into 2k. Will he be into VC and the stuff I hate about this new age of gaming for 2k.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #91
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I saw this thread... I'm having a son due date is Dec 18. But I wonder if he'll be into 2k. Will he be into VC and the stuff I hate about this new age of gaming for 2k.
Maybe
If maybe is 'Yes'...
Yes
Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2019, 06:01 PM   #92
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Congrats jeebs. A word of advice, just keep him away from video games and the internet, and he will be just fine

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #93
Rookie

talk ? to this generation ? yeah right lol there’s is NO talking to these kids, they will play the way they want because that’s how it is now....

even when i try to tell them to do something so simple like switch on a screen they will say something like “bro that’s not my man, stay with him” lmao like ok i’m just tryna make it easier for US to win lil dude
Old 12-08-2019, 07:52 PM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
talk ? to this generation ? yeah right lol there’s is NO talking to these kids, they will play the way they want because that’s how it is now....

even when i try to tell them to do something so simple like switch on a screen they will say something like “bro that’s not my man, stay with him” lmao like ok i’m just tryna make it easier for US to win lil dude
That's kind of the problem in a nutshell....basketball skill/knowledge has been sublimated in favor of video gaming skills/hand holding.It's at a level now where you have players with no clue of even the basic fundamentals of basketball strategy because the game never forces them to learn much beyond what the most "OP" badges,animations,etc. are, and aren't really punished at all for it.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #95
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
That's kind of the problem in a nutshell....basketball skill/knowledge has been sublimated in favor of video gaming skills/hand holding.It's at a level now where you have players with no clue of even the basic fundamentals of basketball strategy because the game never forces them to learn much beyond what the most "OP" badges,animations,etc. are, and aren't really punished at all for it.
And if the game actually did try to force them to deal with real tactics, the vitriol on social media would be loud enough to bring things back to the status quo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #96
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator
And if the game actually did try to force them to deal with real tactics, the vitriol on social media would be loud enough to bring things back to the status quo.
Pretty much. Asking for realism is like committing a sin these days. It's one of the reasons why I stopped treating NBA 2K as a "sim" basketball. Just get me "close" to NBA realism, and I'll just let the rest of the chips lay where they fall.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 12-09-2019 at 02:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »