Home

6'8 Point Forward against My Park Centers

This is a discussion on 6'8 Point Forward against My Park Centers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2017, 01:37 PM   #9
Rookie

Strangerstake's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 6'8 Point Forward against My Park Centers

Played against a glass cleaner 7'3 last night with my 6'8 Point forward in pro am. He dropped 30 but my defense on him was one reason we won. All i did was box him out and allowed only one or two second chance points which was huge considering they had shooters on 3 other spots.

1v1 against bigs is hard, but playing with a team mindset, its not impossible to not win though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Old 06-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #10
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
You can easily negate post scoring with fouls in mypark because you can do it indefinitely without penalty to the team . Being fouled is the story of my post scorer's life in mypark, any decent squad just foul me if i try to back them down and beside quick post fade i cant do anything else.
Even beside that speed is most favorable attribute in park , you can always use it against tall bigs by bringing them out of paint in offense , force to dodge picks and rotate.
Good point about the fouling, I'd definitely do that every time they're under the basket.

At the end of the day, they can't guard you either, so if you have to trade buckets... you can win by hitting the 3s that they can't.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #11
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Its so sad that this game is so unbalanced towards shooters.

No way in hell should the defense against bigs be "reach until you foul them."

Idk how that made it out of testing nevertheless a whole year of gameplay and complaining.

This is just another instance where I feel like 2k PURPOSELY wanted this game to be unbalanced towards shooters so that little kids wouldn't cry when they try to make Curry and only shoot 1-10 because they don't know what an open shot is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #12
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123

Idk how that made it out of testing nevertheless a whole year of gameplay and complaining.

This is just another instance where I feel like 2k PURPOSELY wanted this game to be unbalanced towards shooters so that little kids wouldn't cry when they try to make Curry and only shoot 1-10 because they don't know what an open shot is.
I think the problem is just match making sucks...

A shooter shouldn't really be able to guard a 7 foot big man... but it happens because people match up that way and there's no good matchmaking in place.

If you're gonna have Archetypes and require teamwork, then you need to be able to matchmake to form proper teams.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #13
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123

I don't see that as being unbalanced. Big men should be that dominant in the post against smaller players. If Curry was guarding Shaq in the post he'd be reaching for his life.

Only GCs, PSs, and PPs are a real threat. they can all have 90+ strength which is the real deciding factor. If a player doesn't have that strength then you can just play them straight up in the post without much consequence.

But if they do have that strength rating, and you're using a PG-SF or the athletic finisher/stretch big archetype with no strength ratings at all it's barbecue chicken. Any smart defender that recognizes the mismatch would foul.

The fouling can be countered very easily. Get deeper post position, and make a quick move. The problem is that all 90% of bigs in the post want to do is the drop step. If you do a hook right off the entry pass and you've gotten deep post position they can't foul quick enough.

This area of the game is pretty spot on imo. Post scorers are scary and I love that. The strength rating means so much this year and I love that. I don't see it as unbalanced at all.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #14
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
I don't see that as being unbalanced. Big men should be that dominant in the post against smaller players. If Curry was guarding Shaq in the post he'd be reaching for his life.

Only GCs, PSs, and PPs are a real threat. they can all have 90+ strength which is the real deciding factor. If a player doesn't have that strength then you can just play them straight up in the post without much consequence.

But if they do have that strength rating, and you're using a PG-SF or the athletic finisher/stretch big archetype with no strength ratings at all it's barbecue chicken. Any smart defender that recognizes the mismatch would foul.

The fouling can be countered very easily. Get deeper post position, and make a quick move. The problem is that all 90% of bigs in the post want to do is the drop step. If you do a hook right off the entry pass and you've gotten deep post position they can't foul quick enough.

This area of the game is pretty spot on imo. Post scorers are scary and I love that. The strength rating means so much this year and I love that. I don't see it as unbalanced at all.
Park is really where my gripe comes in

It isn't balanced when the guy defending me can have literally 8-10 fouls, and 3 steals against me simply by pressing reach. I want Free throws past 4 fouls in the park.

Maybe something like that would force people to learn how to guard bigs without fouling and would lead to a better game experience. Now ppl would have to work together to double team and people would be forced to learn how to rotate over.

Iv had plenty of games where my man has had a lot of fouls and it just isn't realistic. As a big who is Shaq's size, if a guy who is Curry's size spams reach on me my backside and hips should be too big to even reach around and get to the ball so that's also unbalanced. It doesn't make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »