Home

What's wrong with MyLeague

This is a discussion on What's wrong with MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 03:56 AM   #17
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's wrong with MyLeague

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite450
They need to add the D-League back. Also now known as the G-League. That'll probably solve the issues of players retiring at the age of 22.

G League! Yes! We should have that to park our picks who are not getting minutes.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:21 AM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
Just my two cents: MyLeague doesn't drive players towards VC, which is clearly the direction 2K is heading. While I think they will address many of the broader gameplay issues, I doubt the dev team will allocate significant resources to retooling MyLeague in a significant way. It'll be a slightly better version of what we currently get. The focus will be on everything that drives the micro transaction model.

Not a judgement on 2K, however. I just don't see MyLeague getting the attention we hope for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Agreed, a lot of these issues have been in the mode for many years.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #19
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
Just my two cents: MyLeague doesn't drive players towards VC, which is clearly the direction 2K is heading. While I think they will address many of the broader gameplay issues, I doubt the dev team will allocate significant resources to retooling MyLeague in a significant way. It'll be a slightly better version of what we currently get. The focus will be on everything that drives the micro transaction model.

Not a judgement on 2K, however. I just don't see MyLeague getting the attention we hope for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I agree but let me clarify. You're right, modes like MyCareer get a complete overhaul every year because of how much money they generate. MyLeague has received some attention, though not nearly as much. Creating a new team, moving teams, Expansion teams, expansion drafts along with other things have been added over the last couple years (which is great).

It seems to me, though, that with the limited man power given to MyLeague and MyGM the developers have to choose between adding new features (to incentivize people to buy the newest edition) or fixing legacy issues. What I was saying was that I wish they would focus on the legacy issues because they plague the very foundation of the modes. Things like trade logic, draft logic, overall team building, sim results, sim stats, and the draft class generator all need serious attention.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:57 AM   #20
Rookie

I would really like to see them add a few things;

-Two way contracts. Even if we can't control the d league team at least being able to send a couple rookies down and bring them back up when necessary would be cool.

- ability to perform sign and trades which as far as I can tell are impossible.

- Ability to buy lottery picks.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #21
Pro

What's wrong with MyLeague

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
I would really like to see them add a few things;

-Two way contracts. Even if we can't control the d league team at least being able to send a couple rookies down and bring them back up when necessary would be cool.

- ability to perform sign and trades which as far as I can tell are impossible.

- Ability to buy lottery picks.

How bout we get them to just improve the core of myleague, like the sim stats, trade and sign logic, progression and regression, before we ask for them to add things which are so imo irrelevant.

Buy lottery picks? Two way contracts? You're asking them to add just little rarely used things in the league when the main core of the mode needs improving.

They need to for once, have guys simulate 10 years into a league, and look at its state and what problems arise.

It's like 2k makes myleague to work and look great for 3 seasons, and beyond that they don't care.

The revenue point people make is spot on, my career will always have more resources thrown at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 05:50 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
How bout we get them to just improve the core of myleague, like the sim stats, trade and sign logic, progression and regression, before we ask for them to add things which are so imo irrelevant.

Buy lottery picks? Two way contracts? You're asking them to add just little rarely used things in the league when the main core of the mode needs improving.

They need to for once, have guys simulate 10 years into a league, and look at its state and what problems arise.

It's like 2k makes myleague to work and look great for 3 seasons, and beyond that they don't care.

The revenue point people make is spot on, my career will always have more resources thrown at it.
My bad for having an opinion.

FWIW I think there's nothing wrong with the "core" of the game. This year is the best version we've ever had. Trades were never insane from my experience and progression and regression? If you're having a problem with that it's YOUR problem. They have sliders so YOU choose what rates players progress and regress at.

The sim stats are the one thing you brought up that's actually an issue. And even then changing players tendencies can help with that.

I prefer to think and discuss the cool new stuff they can add or even give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about the flaws instead of just whining all the time or, even worse, doing what you just did and blatantly making up issues that don't even exist.

Also... You're a bit late mate. Anything they needed to fix will have been done by now. Nothing you say will be seen or changed as it's far too late in the dev cycle for that to happen. Get a grip.

I'll keep talking about new aspects I hope make it into the game. You keep crying all your negative B.S 6 months too late.

Cheers.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
My bad for having an opinion.

FWIW I think there's nothing wrong with the "core" of the game. This year is the best version we've ever had. Trades were never insane from my experience and progression and regression? If you're having a problem with that it's YOUR problem. They have sliders so YOU choose what rates players progress and regress at.

The sim stats are the one thing you brought up that's actually an issue. And even then changing players tendencies can help with that.

I prefer to think and discuss the cool new stuff they can add or even give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about the flaws instead of just whining all the time or, even worse, doing what you just did and blatantly making up issues that don't even exist.

Also... You're a bit late mate. Anything they needed to fix will have been done by now. Nothing you say will be seen or changed as it's far too late in the dev cycle for that to happen. Get a grip.

I'll keep talking about new aspects I hope make it into the game. You keep crying all your negative B.S 6 months too late.

Cheers.

lol chill my dude...

He's just saying that, as the OP pointed out, theres a lot of stuff in game that are in fact broken or are not working properly...

I dont think theres negative BS being cried about at all, this is a thread about pointing out issues in MyLeague, one of the most loved features in 2k since the Association days, in hope that they get fixed

To be fair the stuff you brought out would also be nice additions to the game

No need to come out aggressive with people, since we are all trying to help make the game better after all
Old 06-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #24
Rookie

Downloaded EmbraceThePace's off-season roster with the new rookies.

Went into the season to play around. And still the same guys on the trading block and what do you know, built the same team.

Hate to keep beating the drum but the AI GM's needs a lot of work.

I agree until this is fixed there's not much else to do.

I really want an authentic feeling when I do a full rebuild of all 30 teams. Not the same end result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »